Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    The P10s are great too, and guys like Mike Pannone are running the heck out of them.
    Pannone’s now working for STI and running 2011s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I still think safest bet on ejection is with the fullsize slides. My early 19.5s weren't as consistent or robust as the latest version of the 17.5, and while I had two incurable 19.4s, I never had a problem with the 17s and 34s I shot during that same time.

As far as triggers? The Gen5s are the same as the others, just slightly more mush through the break. A lot of guys around here (myself included) find it to be very workable, but it's not significantly different than any other standard Glock triggers.

As already mentioned, the 19X doesn't have the latest machining to the breechface to help with ejection.

I do think that the 19X is about the best looking pistol on the market right now.
    I have a new (<2 months old) 19.5 with the breech face cut and it has shown excellent ejection over the ~600 rounds I've shot through it so far. I didn't have any problems with my older 19.5s, but the new one is definitely an improvement. A friend has a 43x with the same cut, and it's ejection is simply supernatural. I've never seen any pistol that ejects as well as that one, but it's still a low round count gun. Given these very limited observations, I'm not sure that slide size is a key factor, though I agree that generally full sized service pistols are more likely to work as intended than compacts and subcompacts. I'd not give a second thought to buying a 17 or a 45 with the cut. I would not buy a 19X if it doesn't have the cut.

I'll never be without Glocks, and I do carry them on occasion. But, I've settled on CZs. CZs fit my hands better, and I find them a little easier to shoot. Why not spend some time with both and see which you prefer? I could be happy with either.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Having had both. If I was starting fresh. The p10 line would be where I go. Fullsize p10f down to the p10s. And are available optics ready to non optics ready. Also can have commonality with a p07/p09 da/sa guns. Triggers and ergos are great and price is very reasonable.

The g45/g19x are also sweet guns along with the Glock lineup commonality. And if you prefer a gadget. Gadget capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d go for the 45 over the 19x. Unless the color is a deal breaker for you.

The 45 has the breach face cut. I now own 3 Glocks with this cut, a 45, a black 43x and a new blue label 19.5. The ejection on these guns is something you have to see to believe. It’s that good.

Additional, I don’t like the lip on the front of the magazine well of the 19x.

The triggers on the gen 5 guns are nice. I have 3 of the Gen5 19’s that I’ve bought knee the period that they’ve been out and available. But the latest 19.5 was purchased about two weeks ago. It’s one of the new production guns with the front slide serrations. It has THE best factory trigger I have ever felt on a Glock. The ONLY thing I feel the need to do with this gun is to lube it, load it and shoot it.

Seriously consider one of the new g19s without the moon cut. I had one and I had zero issues with it, and I am not really a Glock guy.

Might as well throw my opinion in.

I have an MR918 Combat and have been perfectly satisfied with it. It as a Gen 4 Glock 19 copy with some custom touches added. I think a good analogy is a Colt Series 70 vs a Kimber Custom or similar 1911 with beavertail, better sights, etc.

The MR918 takes Glock sights, magazines and internal parts. It also fits in Glock holsters.

Several models are available:

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr918/

Shadow Systems is announcing a new product(s) at SHOT. I'm assuming one will be a Glock 17 but we'll know for sure in another 10 days or so.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

To the OP, it seems you are attracted to the 19x and its color scheme-that’s cool. I purchased one for a daughter when she wants a bigger frame than her 19. I shot a few hundred rounds through it, qualified with it, etc. No issues of any sort. One note is that the front strap “lip” precludes the use of the Gen5 mag base plate. Standard plates, Tango Down and “+” baseplates all work fine. I couldn’t bring myself to relieve the lip a few millimeters, so I just bought and extra set of FDE mags.
    I cannot speak to the CZ line, although some here have experience and like them.
    My suggestion would be to look at the G45MOS. With the exception of color, the current production has the latest and greatest qualities, e.g., the breechface cut and forward serrations;a full mag well w/no forward cutout is the current version. There is a measurable improvement in accuracy, both that I’ve seen and seen reported. The Gen5 triggers are consistently good across the 17, 19, 19X, 26, 45 and 45MOS I’ve been issued or purchased. I like the BOLD sights with the front orange outline; that is an option. If you want to go to a red dot in the future, you have the MOS system in place. Sight replacement would be necessary for backup then, but options abound. The Gen5 have the 1913 rail for light/laser if you need/want.
    Plenty of support gear and services for GLOCK; important to a dept., some significance to an individual. If you are in free America, you can have 17,19, 24 and 33 round mags! I currently usually carry a Gen5 19MOS with an ACRO and TLR7A light mounted. My choice, as the 19 conceals a bit better for me. I would have no issues with a G45(or any Gen5 for that matter). Hope this is of some use

The night sights on my G19x are shamefully worse than those delivered on my blue-label Gen4 G17 and G19. I was told that these sights are the only pattern available on the G19x. If true, this means one is discarding a more-expensive set of metal/glass/tritium sights than the usual cheap pieces of plastic. Perhaps a better front night sight can be height-matched. I would have rather paid a lower price for a G19x with the cheap plastic place-holders.

I did not find that my G19x, or my Gen5 G17, to have a “better” trigger pull than my five samples of Gen4. They were worse, as-delivered. This is subjective, of course, so other buyers should try some samples, and make an individual decision. Maybe I got lucky with my five Gen4 samples’ triggers, and unlucky with the G19x and Gen5 G17.

Another individual thing, but I, as a lefty, loathe the “ambidextrous” slide latch lever, as it interferes with my BOTH of my thumbs, and interferes with some favored holsters. My G19x and Gen5 G17 have appointments with a Dremel cutter.

I am not trying to discourage the OP from returning to Glock, but wanted to communicate that Glock is, and never has been perfect. I have one of my Gen4 G17 pistols on my hip, as I type this.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-11-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'd do a G45 over the 19X, all the benefits, none of the drawbacks. Plus the G45 has a better magwell than the 19X.

User Tag List