Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

I am considering a Glock 9mm purchase despite having sworn off Glock's years ago after both my Gen 3 & 4 G17 pistols had been returned with brass to face issues still remaining with a note stating 'Tested, Within Spec' from factory inspection. This left a bad taste in my mouth, so I vowed never again. Fast forward to G19X and Gen 5, I slowly started liking more of what I was seeing, though I still have my doubts regarding the pistols.

First concern, triggers in Gen 3 & 4 examples were not very shootable in my hands. The redesign trigger seems like a huge step in the right direction, though I've never tried one to see what it means ultimately. Reliability also seems to be up to par with newer ejector design to eliminate brass to face and weak/erratic ejection which mine were plagued with.... though I had no hard malfunctions in use.

Ergonomics, the much maligned Glock hump/angle... still a thing despite not having misplaced finger grooves for my smaller hands/finger length. The Gen 4 grip seemed to be big improvement over Gen 3, which for me felt just a bit too much trigger reach to really work well for me. So, I think I should be able to adapt to Gen 5 grip frames pretty reasonably well... but cannot be sure of this.

The FDE frame in PVD is just awesome with the FDE frame, this fact alone has me pretty much dialed in squarely to the G19X... though I am looking at others just not as strongly. Night Sights come factory, a big plus as I can't stand getting something that immediately needs an accessory just to be serviceable. Not crazy about the looks of the sights, but they seem to be satisfactory for the most part.

That leaves me kind of waffling between this (or G45) and CZ P-10C which has a great reputation as best I can tell. I would also imagine the CZ to be much more small hand friendly, so that is a big bonus and it does come with a factory front night sight which is also nice. Pricing makes it even more enticing when you can get threaded barrel model for $200 less than the Glock's.

Please feel free to add your thoughts towards the newer Gen 5 Glock 9mm (maybe I should look at others) or the CZ P-10C. Thanks in advance!

I felt that recoil is greater on the CZ. I think that the G5 Glocks are outstanding.
    #RESIST

My understanding is that the 19X doesn’t have the breechface cut that is now standard on the Gen5 guns and improved extraction and ejection. I may be wrong about that though as I don’t own one. If I’m correct, the G45 is the same size but does have the cut.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I am considering a Glock 9mm purchase despite having sworn off Glock's years ago after both my Gen 3 & 4 G17 pistols had been returned with brass to face issues still remaining with a note stating 'Tested, Within Spec' from factory inspection. This left a bad taste in my mouth, so I vowed never again. Fast forward to G19X and Gen 5, I slowly started liking more of what I was seeing, though I still have my doubts regarding the pistols.

First concern, triggers in Gen 3 & 4 examples were not very shootable in my hands. The redesign trigger seems like a huge step in the right direction, though I've never tried one to see what it means ultimately. Reliability also seems to be up to par with newer ejector design to eliminate brass to face and weak/erratic ejection which mine were plagued with.... though I had no hard malfunctions in use.

Ergonomics, the much maligned Glock hump/angle... still a thing despite not having misplaced finger grooves for my smaller hands/finger length. The Gen 4 grip seemed to be big improvement over Gen 3, which for me felt just a bit too much trigger reach to really work well for me. So, I think I should be able to adapt to Gen 5 grip frames pretty reasonably well... but cannot be sure of this.

The FDE frame in PVD is just awesome with the FDE frame, this fact alone has me pretty much dialed in squarely to the G19X... though I am looking at others just not as strongly. Night Sights come factory, a big plus as I can't stand getting something that immediately needs an accessory just to be serviceable. Not crazy about the looks of the sights, but they seem to be satisfactory for the most part.

That leaves me kind of waffling between this (or G45) and CZ P-10C which has a great reputation as best I can tell. I would also imagine the CZ to be much more small hand friendly, so that is a big bonus and it does come with a factory front night sight which is also nice. Pricing makes it even more enticing when you can get threaded barrel model for $200 less than the Glock's.

Please feel free to add your thoughts towards the newer Gen 5 Glock 9mm (maybe I should look at others) or the CZ P-10C. Thanks in advance!
    Get a P-10C Optics Ready and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Get a P-10C Optics Ready and don't look back.
    Yeah, that is quite tempting too.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 01-10-2020 at 04:41 PM.

I had a gen 5, g19, it still would throw brass at me, although not nearly as often as some of the other glocks I’ve had..If you can find a place that rents them, that may be your best bet, try a couple and see..I did manage to get a g19 that throws empty’s vigorously to the right at about 3’oclock, doesn’t matter if they’re my loads, or +p defensive loads, all of them go to the right.It was a barely used early gen 3, I called Glock, and they told me it was made in Sept 1999, I gave $300 for it, it’s a keeper. But before I’d plop money down on a new one, I’d go rent a few first, if you can, while you’re at it rent out a P-10c, and take it for a test drive..One thing CZ’s don’t do is throw brass at you..and they’re stupid accurate.

I still think safest bet on ejection is with the fullsize slides. My early 19.5s weren't as consistent or robust as the latest version of the 17.5, and while I had two incurable 19.4s, I never had a problem with the 17s and 34s I shot during that same time.

As far as triggers? The Gen5s are the same as the others, just slightly more mush through the break. A lot of guys around here (myself included) find it to be very workable, but it's not significantly different than any other standard Glock triggers.

As already mentioned, the 19X doesn't have the latest machining to the breechface to help with ejection.

I do think that the 19X is about the best looking pistol on the market right now.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 01-10-2020 at 05:41 PM.

I've had a bunch of CZ P10Cs and a bunch of Glocks. Shot a lot out of both of them. I think the new Gen 5 Glocks with front serrations and Marksman barrels are simply fantastic guns straight out of the box (minus sights). Add a gadget and it's really hard to beat.

The P10s are great too, and guys like Mike Pannone are running the heck out of them. I just think if I was choosing a single "platform" (or whatever), I'd still go Glock.

I like my 19X very much. No ejection issues to date. I would love to see some discussion on whether the G45 is better, and in what ways, as compared to the 19X. Mine has a pretty good trigger, for a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    My understanding is that the 19X doesn’t have the breechface cut that is now standard on the Gen5 guns and improved extraction and ejection. I may be wrong about that though as I don’t own one. If I’m correct, the G45 is the same size but does have the cut.
    Given 20 each of G19X and G45, I don't see an obvious difference in ejection, and no difference whatsoever in functional reliability across ammunition.

This oft-discussed breechface machining is not anywhere near as significant as the internet makes it out to be.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List