Thread: When did the USMS stop issuing the Ruger GP100?

When did the USMS stop issuing the Ruger GP100?

Just wondering. I remember working with some who used it, others who were issued it but then bought something else approved for use. I'm thinking late 90s but I may be wrong. Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Your late 90's seems right to me.

When I started with DOJ in 1997, all of the DUSMs I worked with were carrying Glocks. Initially, they were split between 9mm and .40 cal. Post 9/11 for sure, they went to .40 cal. as the issued pistol.

For FY 2020, they are moving back to Glock 9 mm-17s and 19s.

As has been discussed in other posts, USMS SOG is issuing Staccatos. I have it on good authority that they are actually issued 2 pistols-one with the Deltapoint RDS and one without.

Site Supporter
    VCDGRIPS, two Staccato pistols or one Staccato and the standard issue Glock?

Either case, as I look back over a useless life, I should have listened to my father's uninformed, but accurate advice, to become a fed. Of course, I think I might have favored USMS over dad's recomedation of the FBI.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Your late 90's seems right to me.

When I started with DOJ in 1997, all of the DUSMs I worked with were carrying Glocks. Initially, they were split between 9mm and .40 cal. Post 9/11 for sure, they went to .40 cal. as the issued pistol.

For FY 2020, they are moving back to Glock 9 mm-17s and 19s.

As has been discussed in other posts, USMS SOG is issuing Staccatos. I have it on good authority that they are actually issued 2 pistols-one with the Deltapoint RDS and one without.
    USMS was still issuing the 3” GP-100 as of 1998. Like many federal agencies back then they had a fairly liberal personally owned weapons policy and most DUSM bought and carried a personally owned 9mm or .45. They went to .40 cal Glocks maybe 1999 or 2000 ?

Site Supporter
    Staccatos

Site Supporter
    I know the USMS office locally all got new Glock 22s issued in 2004 . . .

Site Supporter
    Didn’t they authorize the SP2340 for a while?

User Tag List