Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3” SP101 Wiley Clapp?

3” SP101 Wiley Clapp?

Apparently there is now a 3” version of the SP101 Wiley Clapp. All I can find so far is an SKU #15710. Maybe someone with better Google-Fu than me can find an image. I’m excited for this. I had the 2” version and it left me wanting two things: a 3” barrel and a bobbed hammer. I’m all but sure this won’t have the bobbed hammer, but I can hope.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I was just fixing to take pictures of my Les Paul and sell it so I could buy either a 640 Pro or a 2.25 SP101 Wiley Clapp.

This complicates things.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

So that thing where I am forever ripping on S&W for not giving a shit about upgrading their sight offerings?

That. Here’s a proven, durable wheelie that is pretty much GTG out of the box.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If you had told me 10 years ago that we would see actual development in revolvers, I wouldn't have believed it.

In the last few years we've seen Ruger putting usable fixed sights on the SP101 and GP100, the LCR, the Kimber K6, and Colt putting money into new versions of old guns.

Perhaps it's a Revolver Renascence?

I'm not sure what's driving it. Perhaps ennui with soulless plastic people poppers, and saturation of 1911s at every price point?

Either way I'll take it. 90% of my carry needs are taken care of by discreet, small frame wheelies, and a 4" large frame woodsbumming revolver.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

What this all really complicated for me is that I was looking at a 4” SP101 Match Champion that had the best DA SP101 trigger I had ever tried. But.....for some reason I don’t really like the SP as a 4” gun. Still tho, that trigger was sweet and I was pondering what I could part with in order to have the SP101 MC. Now there is this out there. I have a decision to make, and it probably won’t be an easy one.

Name:  download.jpeg.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  6.1 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

DANG! As an old retired cop friend of mine said the other day " I thought I was through buying guns, but they keep building neat stuff". I think his statement applies to this announcement from Ruger. Now to live two years longer so we can get one out here in Idaho.

Site Supporter
    This in .327......

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Now there is this out there. I have a decision to make, and it probably won’t be an easy one.
    If it makes it any harder for you, my stainless GP100 WC is by far my favorite revolver out of seven. The contoured cylinder, matte finish and FO front sight is about perfect. People like to rag on GP100 triggers but after about 4000 rounds I find the DA pull far superior to my 64, 10-10, 637-2 and 60 Ladysmith.

User Tag List