Thread: QD mount for VPO

QD mount for VPO

Currently have a Larue LT104, holds zero well enough for me currently, familiar with, weight isn't an issue. Any other options I should consider before picking up another?

Going on an LE6920, not a precision rifle.
    Taking a break from social media.

If you are happy with the Larue you won't be disappointed with another one. The only real negative to them is they can cause some deformation on your rail.

I've been happy with Bobro mounts and the Midwest Industries mount as well. They should be better about marring your rail than the Larue if that worries you.

If you aren't worried about cost, I'd suggest the Scalarworks LEAP mount. You said weight isn't a big deal to you, but it is seriously light and low profile. It also includes a self leveling screw that makes mounting an optic incredibly easy. I really like mine, but it is spendy and it isn't as quick as some other QD mounts.

I'd also suggest looking at the Geissele mount (also expensive but are greatly discounted a few times a year) and asking yourself if you REALLY need QD. Offset back up sights will be quicker than removing your optic in the event of a failure.

You likely won't be disappointed as long as you go with one of the well known options.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a Vortex-branded Am. Defense. Manf. QD mount for my Viper PST Gen 1. So far no issues with wandering zero. I got it + the optic for $400 shipped which I felt was a pretty square deal.

User Tag List