Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Something to keep an eye out for: Hydra-Shok Deep .380

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Impressive!

You need to post this as its own thread so people don't have to look through three pages to get to the gel results.
    That's not a bad idea.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Impressive!
    I confess ignorance. Clear synthetic gel has several far more knowledgeable people than me noting that the FBI standards (i.e. 12" minimum) aren't relevant because it doesn't behave the same as the organic stuff the FBI uses. That much I understand .

This is...both? Neither? The color happens to be clear but the material is the same standard organic compound used by the FBI et al? What are we actually looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    What are we actually looking at?
    the article states: "I mixed up one block of Vyse ballistics gel using the 10% FBI method and let it sit, in the fridge, for two days and it calibrated to 3.5 inches. Two shots in bare gel and two through heavy clothing covered gel with the Ruger LCP."

the Vyse stuff is the same organic stuff the FBI uses.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    the Vyse stuff is the same organic stuff the FBI uses.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Today I chronographed and function-tested this load from G42 and LCP-II. Temp was 83 degrees and sunny; I used a Shooting Chrony F1 at 10' from the muzzle. These are 6 shot samples from each gun:

G42
    High 943
    Low 918
    Avg 926
    ES 25
    SD 9

LCP-II
    High 911
    Low 891
    Avg 903
    ES 20
    SD 8

I used up 100 rounds of my initial stash in testing, 64 in the G42 and 36 in the LCP. I ran it at max speed, one-handed, limp-wristed, etc. There were no malfunctions (both of these pistols have already proven very reliable) and it was accurate in both. I will be buying more...

Appears to be in stock at Federal as of 5:50 ET today (Wed 12 AUG) if anyone is still looking

Another recent review:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-handgun-ammo/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Is anybody surprised by this????

Look at what the projectile is doing in simulant--pretty predictable performance:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Is anybody surprised by this????

Look at what the projectile is doing in simulant--pretty predictable performance:
    I'm assumig that bullet was used in a RL shooting?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I'm assumig that bullet was used in a RL shooting?
    I think DocGKR was referring to the profile of the expanded bullet looking like an FMJ wearing a tutu rather than the mushroom shape typically seen with hollow points.

User Tag List