Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: AOC Blowing up the DNC

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    One of my friends went to high school with AOC. He says she was fairly intelligent. I think many of us underestimate her intelligence just because she believes in policies we think are ridiculous.
    We want to believe. She says dumb shit, but a fair percentage of the time, it's dumb because it's quoted literally and taken out of context. And also, sometimes she just says some retarded shit. Same thing happens with Trump.

Personally, I think that a declining Democratic Party is not good for gun owners *collective gasps* shut up and listen. A system where your demographic (gun nuts) will only vote for one party means that you have no political power. The Bad Party has no reason to compete for your vote, because they know they won't get them. The Good Party has no reason to protect your interests, because what are you gonna do, go vote for those dirty Bad Party guys?

And protip: neither party is the Good Guys. Both of them will sell you up the river for the price of an extra value meal.

If you want to have power--and this is where the NRA fucks up hard--you have to be willing to sit out an election. Hey, the Democrat is an avowed gun grabber and the Republican folds like a towel every time there's a zomgschoolshooting? Stay home guys, everybody sucks in this one. Hell, sometimes you might have to vote for a Democrat if you find one with a strong commitment to gun rights and public safety.

As American politics grows increasingly divisive and partisan, political power lies with the swing vote. When they don't know what you're going to do, that's when you have them.

The three devils are always planning some kind of shady fuck America business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    This one?
    That’s the one. Thanks.

The NRA routinely gave good ratings to pro-gun Dems. Are there any pro-gun Dems on the national stage anymore? Manchin might be the closest.

Maybe you can say that there are times to sit out an election? 2016 wasn't it. 2020 isn't going to be it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The NRA routinely gave good ratings to pro-gun Dems.
    Correct. It's like people have a memory that isn't longer than 5 minutes.

The NRA has endorsed democrats in elections at the state and federal level many times.

The Democratic party, however, hasn't nominated a pro-gun candidate to high office in generations.

At one time there were pro-life democrats, too. That isn't acceptable anymore.

The NRA didn't make this phenomenon happen.
    3/15/2016

The NRA routinely gave good ratings to pro-gun Dems. Are there any pro-gun Dems on the national stage anymore? Manchin might be the closest.

Maybe you can say that there are times to sit out an election? 2016 wasn't it. 2020 isn't going to be it.

And Manchin got eviscerated by the party for questioning the character assassination of Kavanaugh. He's nearly on his way to being the next-generation Joe Lieberman.
    Last edited by Shoresy; 01-10-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    We want to believe. She says dumb shit, but a fair percentage of the time, it's dumb because it's quoted literally and taken out of context. And also, sometimes she just says some retarded shit. Same thing happens with Trump.

Personally, I think that a declining Democratic Party is not good for gun owners *collective gasps* shut up and listen. A system where your demographic (gun nuts) will only vote for one party means that you have no political power. The Bad Party has no reason to compete for your vote, because they know they won't get them. The Good Party has no reason to protect your interests, because what are you gonna do, go vote for those dirty Bad Party guys?

And protip: neither party is the Good Guys. Both of them will sell you up the river for the price of an extra value meal.

If you want to have power--and this is where the NRA fucks up hard--you have to be willing to sit out an election. Hey, the Democrat is an avowed gun grabber and the Republican folds like a towel every time there's a zomgschoolshooting? Stay home guys, everybody sucks in this one. Hell, sometimes you might have to vote for a Democrat if you find one with a strong commitment to gun rights and public safety.

As American politics grows increasingly divisive and partisan, political power lies with the swing vote. When they don't know what you're going to do, that's when you have them.
    Been saying that for awhile now. I burned a vote for a pot smoking Libertarian in 2016. When somebody comes along I can vote for I'll vote. If everyone did that it would blow up both parties in one election cycle.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Yes, let's game the gun control vote by sitting out and end up with a nation where you can set your newly born child in a dark room until it expires, or shank it in the back of the head as it emerges from the birth canal cause it's a reproductive right. Let's out-fox the elections and see open borders with chain migration rights. Let's be play it smart and get some folks in who'll decimate the armed forces, again, while doubling down on their operational tempo and giving them untenable rules of engagement. Let's thrill them with our acumen and let a terrorist organization teach our primary investigative body how to deal with terrorist organizations.

What have we got to lose?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

If memory serves, the phrase "they are smarter than they look" is in common usage, or am I wrong?

The common meaning of that common phrase is that a person may project an aura of being less intellegent than they actually are- Peter Faulk's Colombo character comes to mind here. He acts clueless to trick people into letting their guard down. AOC may be doing something similar.

Which is the whole point of me using that commonly used common phrase in common use among common people.

So, like Blues, I'm confused at what you are trying to get at. Could you explain?

And why are you bringing up other people? I'm not talking about other people- I'm talking about someone who's being projected as being some kind of future of one of our major political parties.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 01-10-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

[QUOTE"TCinVA"]Correct. It's like people have a memory that isn't longer than 5 minutes.

The NRA has endorsed democrats in elections at the state and federal level many times.[/QUOTE]

I'm referring to the "sit it out". I know they've managed to find Democrats to support.

I've also seen them endorse complete asshat Republicans. I had one charmed soul show up to my gun club to plead for our votes in the primary. Now, she knew it was a gun club. Eventually the question came up, "Would you vote to repeal the SAFE Act?".

Her opponent--not beloved by the local (R) committee--knew the correct answer: "Absolutely." He then spent several minutes explaining exactly why it was a bad law--far beyond just the "they dun took yer guns!".

The Charmed Soul stands up, looks us in the eye, and says, "I'll have to look into that!". Lady...you're going to a gun club. Who the hell prep'd you for this?

Anyways, guess who got the NRA endorsement? The one that the committee had already rubber-stamp'd.

The war's being fought at the state level. Although I'd point out that nationally, Reps have failed to do much of anything for us.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN
    Yes, let's game the gun control vote by sitting out and end up with a nation where you can set your newly born child in a dark room until it expires, or shank it in the back of the head as it emerges from the birth canal cause it's a reproductive right. Let's out-fox the elections and see open borders with chain migration rights. Let's be play it smart and get some folks in who'll decimate the armed forces, again, while doubling down on their operational tempo and giving them untenable rules of engagement. Let's thrill them with our acumen and let a terrorist organization teach our primary investigative body how to deal with terrorist organizations.
    Prepare to get #triggered . Fair warning.

I don't care.

I'm a single-issue voter. I will happily vote for anybody who will work to put a fully-automatic, suppressed SBR in my hands, sans Freedom Tax. That is my sole criteria. I don't even think that it's about some "guns are the most important issue-blah-bah-freedom-blah-blah" stuff.

(1) I am an asshole.
    (2) Every other group wants to trade votes for Free Stuff. Why shouldn't I trade my vote for an M4?
    (3) Government is completely inept anyway. Why do you think I prefer my government teensy and weak? Not to lower taxes, to limit the amount of damage they can do.

Now, it just so happens that the people that don't want to do all the crazy shit you mentioned, also are at least leaning towards giving me guns. Maybe not machineguns, but hey, baby steps. So I can be a single-issue voter without voting for anarchy. But yeah--I happily sit out of local elections.

Remember--the other side, the True Believers of Disarmament, they're completely fucking crazy. They'd do anything to achieve their goal. If you wanna fight 'em, you have to get crazy, too.
    Last edited by Wise_A; 01-10-2020 at 11:38 PM.

User Tag List