Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawson Precision Charger Sights

Dawson Precision Charger Sights

I've been spending a good amount of time with the Dawson Charger Sights on both the M&P 2.0 and a Glock 19. I like them. In their stock configuration (or default heights, more apropos) they are just great for my semi-aging eyes.

. M&P 2.0 9mm. ~730 trouble free rounds. The OEM sights are too wide for me...not enough light around the front post for me. Dawson doesn't have a Charger rear sight with tritium in them, at least in the normal catalogue. I've heard they'll make custom sights, so perhaps they'd do it? Anyway, these FO work great, and they seem sturdy. I use a JMCK holster with a sight channel for tall sights and the FO has held up against numerous presentations.

The G19 is a Robar Special. It has the 3 dot tritium vial configuration. Like the M&P version, there is still plenty of light on either side of the front, although the tritium is wider (.125 H3 vs. .115 FO). The front sight is actually pretty long...in fact longer than most fronts I've used. It mounts very securely in the hole in the slide. It sits on a slightly wider pedestal than the front sight. It seems to stand up to carry abuse well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    I am also a recent convert to the Charger sights. I think I have them on 3-4 guns and am impressed. Now I find the Defoor and Warren sights a bit imprecise.

I am impressed with their service as well. Once I had to send away for a different height front sight and they covered it no problem under their perfect impact policy.

I put them on my Walthers because they were literally the only aftermarket sights that seemed easy to install om the PPQ (All the others at least at the time I was looking to do this 2 years ago required some extensive fitting to work.) and after using them on the Walthers I've come to like them enough that when it comes time to get new sights for any gun they are my go to. They work very well for me.

Site Supporter
    The fact that a product is not on the website does not necessarily mean that Dawson does not make it. Products seem to disappear from the website when they are out of stock, and reappear when they are back in stock. If you want something that is not on the website, a telephone call may be in order.

What rear notch width are you using with the fiber front?

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    What rear notch width are you using with the fiber front?
    I'm using the .245 tall x .125 Notch rear. And correction on my original post...the front FO sight is .180 tall x .100 wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my M&P 40 I'm running a Dawson FO .100 wide front with the stock rear sight. I am giving serious thought to moving to a charger rear.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I too have had only the best experiences dealing with Dawson. Excellent service, good products. Shipping has always been super fast. Sights always come with those nice alum. installation punches. . . plenty to like. I just recently put the competition rear/fiber front set on my USP and love them. Great setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Dawson doesn't have a Charger rear sight with tritium in them, at least in the normal catalogue. I've heard they'll make custom sights, so perhaps they'd do it?

I just got off the phone with Dawson a few minutes ago and asked about some of the missing tritium sights on their page. I was told that with the tritium sights in particular, they take them off their webpage when they go out of stock. Their in-house custom stuff only takes an extra day or so, but because the tritiums have to be sent out to be installed, there's a longer (3-4 week) wait time, and they choose to not have them advertised with that much lead. They ARE still available. In fact I just placed an order for a spare tritium rear for one of my work pistols that isn't currently listed either.

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with them discussing another unrelated project. Dawson's CS continues to be some of the best I've received in the industry, mirroring quite a bit of past experience I've had with them. They definitely get my 👍🏻👍🏻

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with them discussing another unrelated project. Dawson's CS continues to be some of the best I've received in the industry, mirroring quite a bit of past experience I've had with them. They definitely get my ��������
    I can echo this, coincidentally I just had to call them b/c my new adj sight set for my G34 was impacting high at 10yds. The rep had a new front sight out to me in 5 min free of charge and was extremely pleasant to speak to. Dawson will continue to get my money!

User Tag List