Thread: Beretta 92 Extended Mag Release

Site Supporter

Beretta 92 Extended Mag Release

I finally succumbed to the Beretta genie and ordered extended mag releases for both my M9 and 92 compact. Put them in this evening, and the M9 seems to work fine, but on the Compact the whole thing isn't as solid in the gun as the other pistol. Full mags like to stick sometimes, but for the most part empty ones drop free just fine. What gives? Thanks

You might try switching your extended mag releases with one another. It might at least indicate if it is the release or the gun with the “loose tolerance.”

Site Supporter
    I'll do that later today. Got a third one for a buddy's pistol, as well. Got a TJIB coming today for my compact, when I install those parts, I'll try swapping the mag catches while I'm at it.

The Wilson versions are sometimes a bit oversize, but I prefer the Beretta versions.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't sold on oversized at all. My buddy has very similar sized hands, except his thumbs are a good 1/4" shorter, and he has a hard time hitting the mag release. When Beretta had their 35 and 40% sales, I had to order some stuff. Decided for that price, I could get the oversized ones for my two pistols, too.

And, of course, the answer was very simple, I just didn't notice it last night. The thickness on the LTT G10 grips is just enough different that it was in the way. Little Dremel action and it works just fine now.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I noticed as well that reversing the beretta os mag release for LH use can cause an interference with mags dropping free with the LTT grips (even if the mags dropped free in RH operation). Not sure why, but I noticed it on my old non rail 92 and on one of my LTTs where I had to reverse the catch after delivery. Fix was the same as what you stated.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I noticed as well that reversing the beretta os mag release for LH use can cause an interference with mags dropping free with the LTT grips (even if the mags dropped free in RH operation). Not sure why, but I noticed it on my old non rail 92 and on one of my LTTs where I had to reverse the catch after delivery. Fix was the same as what you stated.
    I’ve found this to be generally true for the LTT grips with LH mag release setup. Needed to do some filing work on 2 of 3 guns I installed them on.

User Tag List