Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WWSD Rifle- anyone interested?

Attachment 47039
    Attachment 47040

Look at that widemouth magwell! I'm in

Whose stoner, and why does my barrel smell like marijuana?

Modularity is a hallmark of the AR platform. I wonder how hard it would be to incorporate a replaceable or modular grip and a collapsible stock with an receiver extension integral to the lower (thinking something along the lines of Magpul’s original collapsible that used the proprietary receiver extension) in a version of this lower.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Modularity is a hallmark of the AR platform. I wonder how hard it would be to incorporate a replaceable or modular grip and a collapsible stock with an receiver extension integral to the lower (thinking something along the lines of Magpul’s original collapsible that used the proprietary receiver extension) in a version of this lower.....
    These are designed the way they are to mitigate the receiver extension breaking off the back of the lower, which is a big problem with polymer lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    These are designed the way they are to mitigate the receiver extension breaking off the back of the lower, which is a big problem with polymer lowers.
    Yeah, I understand that. I was suggesting the design of a receiver, with an integral receiver extension that is not a facsimile of a Carbine extension. Something like this, but molded into the lower and reinforced in the areas prone to break
    Name:  F4CF9241-C2E5-4161-9740-EF88F8D013CE.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  21.4 KB

This is the Ergo copy of Magpul’s old M93 stock.

I would bet that the reason behind the fixed stock is that it is a weight-driven decision. I like the old Magpul M93 and still use it on my rimfire AR, I see how it could be adapted to this stock, but I bet that the weight penalty is unattractive.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Inrange's reasoning behind the fixed stock is 1) lightness 2) simplicity 3) one usually just sticks to one particular length anyway.

It's the Colin Chapman Lotus design philosophy- "simplify, then add lightness" applied to firearms.

In this case, you toss all the stuff you might use, but really don't.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Inrange's reasoning behind the fixed stock is 1) lightness 2) simplicity 3) one usually just sticks to one particular length anyway.

It's the Colin Chapman Lotus design philosophy- "simplify, then add lightness" applied to firearms.

In this case, you toss all the stuff you might use, but really don't.
    What’s the LOP comparison of the (assuming a1 length of the inrange lower) and the various position on a (4?) position M4 stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    What’s the LOP comparison of the (assuming a1 length of the inrange lower) and the various position on a (4?) position M4 stock?
    I believe they cover that in one of the many videos- I don't have yootoob here, so I can't post a link.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'm interested in their work and explorations and will pay attention.

Regarding length, I'd love to see something like the Magpul shotgun solution. Have a short fixed stock that you can add spacers to for fine tuning. Once set, I've only adjusted my stock to run with plates. For most folks, getting to an ideal setting and leaving it there would work fine.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List