Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WWSD Rifle- anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    If they're not stupidly priced, I may pick up the stripped lower, but nothing else they chose is of interest to me.
    What upper did they pick, etc?

The only info I’ve seen in the video they did was pertaining to the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    What upper did they pick, etc?

The only info I’ve seen in the video they did was pertaining to the lower.
    I'm making a prediction based on their last WWSD rifle.

Carbon fiber handguard? No thanks.
    Faxon barrel? Barf.

I'm definitely interested, Not only do I think it's a smart rifle build I also love the fact that they were able to get this into production from the little project it started as. I am 100% willing to support it and in turn support them.

http://www.inrange.tv/wwsd

I am 99% sure I built an exact version of that many moons ago with a cavarms (barfcom maybe?) lower and a Colt pencil barrel, flattop A1 upper (maybe that was cavarms too) and a carbon-fiber handguard.

I wonder if I can find some photos of that.

Not interested.

I'm not a fan of the monolithic poly lower. I like my stock adjustments and picking my own pistol grips, thanks.

Also, I made a lightweight-ish build (just under 6 lbs unloaded without optic), and after spending time using it, I'd prefer a little more weight. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    http://www.inrange.tv/wwsd

I am 99% sure I built an exact version of that many moons ago with a cavarms (barfcom maybe?) lower and a Colt pencil barrel, flattop A1 upper (maybe that was cavarms too) and a carbon-fiber handguard.

I wonder if I can find some photos of that.
    Alright, yeah, that upper is of no interest whatsoever to me.

I’ll take a stripped lower or five, though. I really like that lower - have since I first saw a CavArms back in the day.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    As an outlier (way out) for physical proportions, the modularity/customizability and adjustability are a big part of the attraction of an AR for me. I don't see the point of abandoning that. I strongly prefer being able to choose my own buttstock and grip, as well as other components.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I like the idea as a minimalist exercise- get it down to the absolute necessary things, and ditch the maybe stuff.
    Personally, my 6920 is fine for what I use it for, and I really want to go retro on the next one (the Brownells 601 would be cool).
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Huh why did they locate the sling slot near the bottom toe of the stock?

edit: whups that's the old lower - this here's the updated one:

Attachment 47038
    Last edited by pooty; 01-11-2020 at 05:00 AM. Reason: whups

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    Huh why did they locate the sling slot near the bottom toe of the stock?
    They didn’t.

The old CavArms stocks did. For the WWSD project, they relocated the sling slot up to the top, where its actually useable.

User Tag List