Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWSD Rifle- anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have a spare LPK and upper and a bunch of other stuff, I would probably need a BCG and barrel. I actually have two uppers, and one is a carry handle, and I am about to take a FSB off of another rifle and could make a nice light fixed sight 300BO. Damnit, must be strong...
    Bah, being strong is for chumps! I’ve probably got enough “extra” parts to complete the lower but I’d rather start fresh with everything from the same package. Beyond that I just need a .22 or 9mm barrel and BCG.

My main issue is if I don’t start making decisions soon on my planned precision style bolt action, this may end up as a 18-20” DMR-ish/NM type rifle which is NOT why I bought it!🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I was very skeptical of the whole concept. But seeing the video of them doing pull ups off the rifle and push ups balanced on the mag? I was impressed. Even running it over (a bit gimmicky) showed it to be better than I would have guessed.

I prefer adjustability, but it seems like a good set up.

* I just always wonder what the long term life of polymer is. Like, will a 1988 built Glock still be running in 2050, or will it eventually break down and become brittle? That is why I own a lot of plastic pistols, but I still own a few all metal ones too. Just because.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I'm definitely interested.

Maybe not in the defensive realm, but certainly as a lightweight backpacking gun and general range toy.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I'd probably build one as a 20" DMR sort of thing myself, should I get one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

* I just always wonder what the long term life of polymer is. Like, will a 1988 built Glock still be running in 2050, or will it eventually break down and become brittle? That is why I own a lot of plastic pistols, but I still own a few all metal ones too. Just because.
    It will run until 2051 when gun control Hoplo-terrorists funded by the Bloomberg foundation release bacteria genetically engineered to eat polymers commonly used in firearms across the united states.

And a trapdoor buttplate is now available: http://www.kearms.com/kp-15-trapdoor-buttplate.aspx
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Bah, being strong is for chumps!
    Well, if I really wanted to contest my Chump status I could download another CSV file showing my gun related transactions since I got quarantined and furloughed at the same time a year ago, but it would only look worse than the one I did a few months ago when I told myself I better cool it.

But I did end up with a couple spare LPKs...

Hammertime
    I have had a good experience with two Cav Arms lowers. I don't have heavy use through either though, less than 1000 rounds. I love how they carry and don't miss the adjustable stock.

Trigger reach is a little longer than a typical AR grip which may be an issue for some, but I actually like it.

Not sure how they compare to the KE arms lower here, but I like the WWSD concept, unfortunately, I already pretty much have this build with the Cav Arms combined with BCM LW uppers.

I had a gen 1 Cavarms lower that I picked it up off a prize table many years ago, built out a light weight pencil barrel rifle and it was enjoyable to shoot. Never gave me a single problem. It was one of the "I don't need this" rifles I sold last summer after the riots started the gun panic.

For my winter project, I got one of the KE's and built out a new version. I was fortunate to find a DD pencil barrel midlength gas, used the Lancer handguard, a Vltor upper receiver, skeletonized BC all to try and keep the weight down. It is a hair over 6lbs as pictured, and has been a joy to shoot so far. I think they generally improved the ergos over the first gen Cavarms lowers, but I cannot judge the durability issue, mine won't get the sort of hard use other than rounds down range to tell me anything on those lines.

My only frustration is the RRA two stage match trigger I had on hand would not fit, I did not want to go to filing on the receiver to get it to fit so I settled for a standard trigger group that came out of a 6920. I will probably get a drop in one piece match trigger group at some point as I understand most of those fit.

Name:  KE light rifle.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  54.9 KB
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List