Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering limiting myself to one gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    Sorry it didn't add to the confirmation bias

I think you could do a lot worse. A Glock 26 is a great option for a one gun battery. I understand the desire to simplify and focus. Most of the time I am comfortable with a j frame and a speed strip and a 26 carries the same ammo minus having to reload. I shoot the 26 better than I hoot the j frame. I shoot my 26 as well as I do my 19.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Sorry it didn't add to the confirmation bias
    It's OK I don't listen to you anyway

It's OK I don't listen to you anyway
    You win the internet today, Cypher.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You win the internet today, Cypher.
    Thank you.

Can I have your hat?

Thank you.

Can I have your hat?
    That's (the late) Smoky's helmet. He decided he liked it after it was gifted to me by a pair of detectives from the Met.

You can have my friendship and respect, though.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If you are want to go to the one gun route I would ask the following: which one do you shoot better cold and how do you know that?

If you can satisfactorily answer those questions, I would pick that gun.

PS-I would buy another one just like it, set it up like the first one, shoot it 500 ish rounds so I know it worked. The new one would be my carry gun, the old one would be my trainer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    You don't want to "limit" yourself - you're overthinking this. If you want to carry the 26 everywhere, do that and just leave the 19 at home, or by the bed. No reason to get rid of it. You're not going to get too many people here suggesting you abandon the 19 either.

This ^^^^^ is what I did, sorta. My not quite a year old G19.5 is now my dedicated nightstand gun. I'm carrying an H&K P30SK as my EDC. Then there's this recently purchased M&P340 wearing VZ grips that's just itching to go places. To date, I only have a Nemesis pocket holster (on the brink of ordering an AIWB holster for it, though). What, exactly, is it about wheelies that makes them so irresistible? It's in my pocket as I type this! I mean, immediately after I live fired one, the saving began.

Do you mean only having one gun that you own?

I think you should own at least 2, even if it is the same model or similar models. There is always the risk of a gun being stolen, becoming inoperable, needing to go back to the factory, or get confiscated in the wake of a shooting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Do you mean only having one gun that you own?
    No.

I think "limit" was the wrong word to use. I've said it in a couple other posts but I carry the 26 everyday and the 19 MAYBE once a week. So I thought I might be better off just making the 19 my house gun and only carrying the 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I think you should own at least 2, even if it is the same model or similar models. There is always the risk of a gun being stolen, becoming inoperable, needing to go back to the factory, or get confiscated in the wake of a shooting.
    I agree even if I can't actually afford to own two identical models of the same gun. I will NOT be selling my 19.
    Last edited by Cypher; 01-08-2020 at 09:26 PM.

User Tag List