Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100 .44 special, Delisted

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah, if you don't know what you want, save your money.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Yeah, if you don't know what you want, save your money.
    Don't harsh my mellow, I am wanting to buy something for the frickin joy of getting something.

It seems like forever since I bought something just because it made me happy. I am always filling a niche or a role as if I am so deluded that I think I need something for anything. If anything though I probably do need another rifle or two, but they just don't give me the jollies like handguns. And it is winter, and I shoot handguns once a week, but going out and working with a rifle is more serious like.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-14-2020 at 09:58 PM.

My point is that if you don't know what you want, you don't want it enough.

When something comes along that you know you want (and it eventually will), it's nice to have the cash waiting.
    Not another dime.

My point is that if you don't know what you want, you don't want it enough.
    When something comes along that you know you want (and it eventually will), it's nice to have the cash waiting.
    Yes, exactly, just I am thinking about playing both sides of the argument. I guess my shooting interests are diverse enough that it seems like I have always needed something (and I use that term loosely) so I have not bought anything that didn't have a strategy behind it in ages. I had that moment of clarity when I realized I really wasn't all that hot for a 1301 right now, I just told myself I needed a combat shotgun, for you know, reasons. So I sold some stuff and saved some money and could swing a 1301, but instead I think I might save half and buy something with half that is something I want, just for the hell of it. And the trolling is part of the fun

Well, as long as we're doing that, you should probably want a pre-lock Model 25.
    Not another dime.

How about a Super GP without the slots and gills in .45LC?
    Not another dime.

I think I am gonna focus on something 38/357 for now. Part of the reason I want it is for higher volume revolver shooting, and 38 is one of the 650 setups I have, soooo...

But, after this interaction, I have decided to chill until after the end of February. I have a long term financial goal that I am really hoping to achieve by then, and I want to accomplish this enough that I would consider the unspeakable, diverting gun money back into the family budget

If it also took .45acp like the Redhawk I would be all over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I might as well throw down with my medium frame LCR idea.

I'd love to see the standard LCR swelled up about 15% and made into a six shooter.

The same gun would also be the base for another 44 Special. Also a 41 Mag. And a 7 shot 327.

There is no way Ruger doesn't already have the blueprints worked out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if it's possible to redesign the GP and/or SP trigger and hammer geometry to have the smooth DA press of the LCRs. Seems like an obvious and simple enough concept when you watch the video. It's kinematics, not magic. I just don't know if it would work with the packaging of the older guns. Kinda makes me want to look at everygunpart.com and see if I could figure some stuff out.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 01-15-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List