Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100 .44 special, Delisted

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    WOW That is $100 more than I gave for mine at the first of the year and $80 more than Grab-a-gun has it listed for now.

I found out my 3 inch shipped in 2017 and my 5 inch shipped in early 2018. The 3 inch has turned in some very good groups but was impacting 6 inches high at 20 yards with the rear sight run all the way down. Reading on the internet, this seems to have been the norm for '17 guns. I installed a much taller and narrower partridge style sight from Dawson and have only shot enough rounds to get the sights regulated back to center close. I like this sight so well I am going to order one for the 5 inch. I am having an issue with Unique and I have started a thread on the Reloading page about that and would appreciate any ideas on that if you got the time. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ave-a-question
    Thank you, FES
    I’m not in the market for one, but it sounded like they were drying up so I thought I would mention it here. No concept of value, either.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m not in the market for one, but it sounded like they were drying up so I thought I would mention it here. No concept of value, either.
    It has been interesting to watch, In the days after Ruger pulled them from their catalog the prices jumped considerably. It seems they have come back down since. If Vass was a little closer I think I would walk in and offer $200 less than the advertised internet price. I have found myself in some sort of love affair with the 3 inch GP100s. I keep going through the safe looking at what I could sell or put forth for a Wiley Clapp model, either the blued .357 or the 10mm.

The .44 is still out there, or alternatively you could do what I did and get the 10mm Clapp gun

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The .44 is still out there, or alternatively you could do what I did and get the 10mm Clapp gun
    How do you like it? I have an old GP100 that I had been considering getting converted to 10mm, and now I don't need to I can just buy it and save some money.

Will it take .40 S&W?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    How do you like it? I have an old GP100 that I had been considering getting converted to 10mm, and now I don't need to I can just buy it and save some money.

Will it take .40 S&W?
    I just bought the Clapp gun on the internets so I don't have it yet, however I have the Match Champion in 10mm, and I really like it. It takes .40 S&W just fine, but you have to buy .40 specific clips for it, since they have slightly different rim dimensions than 10mm clips. Also it's fun to say clips.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I just bought the Clapp gun on the internets so I don't have it yet, however I have the Match Champion in 10mm, and I really like it. It takes .40 S&W just fine, but you have to buy .40 specific clips for it, since they have slightly different rim dimensions than 10mm clips. Also it's fun to say clips.
    I love making people react when i use clips correctly.

No, my M1 doesn't need magazines

Found one in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Ruger has pulled the GP100 (1761) in .44 special from its web sight. They pulled it on January 2.They still show the Talo model (1767) but local dealers could not locate one. If you are interested in one, I wouldn't wait. If everyone is finally back to work from holiday, I should pick mine up today along with my other present to myself.
    Checking out Rugers at Ed's Gun Shop and found this. Wanted to pass it along. I have done business with him, but it's been years. Always visit his table at the local gun show. Only 1 left.

https://edsgunshop.com/product/ruger...ainless-steel/

There’s one in my favorite LGS that somehow survived the insane LGS coronapalooza festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post

Will it take .40 S&W?
    Crap I totally forgot about this thread.

Yes, the 10mm GP100s will all take .40 S&W, however to get reliable ignition you have to use clips specifically made for .40 S&W brass. The factory 10mm clips for the guns are kind of shitty anyway, so .40 S&W clips from TK Custom are my go to for shooting 40 out of this gun. With a Wilson Spring kit at its lightest settings, I have 100% reliable ignition with Federal American Eagle and Federal Hydra Shok.

Well, once again this board ended up costing me money..I ordered one of these from Bud’s last night..I’m figuring these will be revolvers that in the near future, you won’t see very often. Since I already load for .44mag, all I need to do is buy some special brass and readjust my dies in my press, This should be a really fun gun to shoot..Hopefully, it’ll be at my LGS sometime next week...

User Tag List