Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TLR-8 AG as red dot companion

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have three green and one red TLR-8 units that re all holding zero on Glock pistols. I suspect something is wrong with your specimen.
    Okay I checked it and I totally screwed up. I thought I had the correct insert but did not. Had the universal in when I needed the 1913-1 for a G5G17. That is now installed and it seems to hold zero. I also installed the little lock ring.

Thanks very much.

Note to self: in the future, RTFM.

one of the few places they still have them in stock & at the normal price

https://www.primaryarms.com/streamli...igh-low-switch

Site Supporter
    What exactly is the purpose of a visible laser with a red dot? In my mind, a red dot takes care of 90% of the utility a visible laser with iron sights. Are you all carrying a visible laser for unconventional firing positions/shooting from retention only? I’ve been looking into adding a tlr-7 or 8 to my carry gun now that I’m getting comfortable enough with RMR to carry it, but have been struggling with this question.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    What exactly is the purpose of a visible laser with a red dot? In my mind, a red dot takes care of 90% of the utility a visible laser with iron sights. Are you all carrying a visible laser for unconventional firing positions/shooting from retention only? I’ve been looking into adding a tlr-7 or 8 to my carry gun now that I’m getting comfortable enough with RMR to carry it, but have been struggling with this question.
    A laser is an alternate aiming system if you present the pistol and the optic is inoperative, or the lens is obscured or you don’t see the dot due to a problem with your index or a non conventional shooting position.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I recently received a TLR-8 AG
    Sent you a PM. It says you can’t get it until you make room.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Sent you a PM. It says you can’t get it until you make room.
    Just did, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    IME, the laser can also allow you to be slightly faster because you can be a bit sloppier when shooting at large unobscured targets; think of it as a somewhat more refined version of shooting from slide index. This has been my experience shooting Steel Challenge and USPSA, having of had a laser before I even got an RDS.

At night, a visible laser feels like the easy switch.

red dot mill work

Any comments about Maple Leaf Firearms and Agency Arms quality would be appreciated, thanks.

Sorry guys, I thought I started a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawadc95 View Post
    Any comments about Maple Leaf Firearms and Agency Arms quality would be appreciated, thanks.

Sorry guys, I thought I started a new thread.
    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Maple Leaf does great work, turn around was fast. I got both of my slides back one week faster than expected. My experience was pre Covid FYI. Not sure what things look like at the moment.

User Tag List