Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TLR-8 AG as red dot companion

Does anyone know if the TLR-8 AG will fit Safariland duty holsters that fit TLR-1's / red dots?

I wouldn't carry it on duty but, having it fit an OWB I already own would be awesome for the range.

Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Does anyone know if the TLR-8 AG will fit Safariland duty holsters that fit TLR-1's / red dots?

I wouldn't carry it on duty but, having it fit an OWB I already own would be awesome for the range.
    They will not fit by only a slight amount where the laser is on the light housing. The TLR7A will fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Guys, we think the TLR 7A and 8A (especially the 8AG, it's awesome for color blind people like me) are the best ccw lights out there right now and are going to be offering more of them for more pistols in our Quick Ship section within the next month!!
    Tony,

Will a TLR-7 fit with no excessive movement or wobble in a holster made for a TLR-8? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Tony,

Will a TLR-7 fit with no excessive movement or wobble in a holster made for a TLR-8? Thanks!
    Gio, it has a little play (maybe a 1/16", if that). I have a video of it but cannot get it to load here for some reason. If you want to text me your number at 775-686-8431 I can send you the video.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

@GJM slight thread drift but what BUIS are on your G19.4? Agency mag well?

I have one of these en route based on your suggestion, but mine will be going on my PCC for house-critter control. Should be here this week, I'd think. Anxious to see how it works out. Might get a second for the house-critter suppressed .22 pistol as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Padwan View Post
    @GJM slight thread drift but what BUIS are on your G19.4? Agency mag well?
    Ameriglo GL-452
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It's a known thing that to gain unconscious competence running a RDS takes focused practice with them. Does running a laser require the same?

Say shoot through a USPSA stage with a laser as one would with an RDS?

Or is the use case substantially different?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It's a known thing that to gain unconscious competence running a RDS takes focused practice with them. Does running a laser require the same?

Say shoot through a USPSA stage with a laser as one would with an RDS?

Or is the use case substantially different?
    You need to figure out how to zero a laser (I like a parallel as opposed to an intersecting zero, especially with an offset laser like this), but then it is much easier to use a laser than a dot. With a laser, I generally use my sights or optic as primary, but if I see the laser use it, assuming offset is not a consideration. During the day a laser is generally slower than sights but in the dark it is an easy switch, especially for shooting on the move. The LE guys can discuss the tactics considerations of a laser.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    They will not fit by only a slight amount where the laser is on the light housing. The TLR7A will fit though.
    To update this statement, I've found the answer is the TLR8 will sometimes fit an ALS holster designed for an X300U or TLR1. The older style ALS holsters with the screw on the back side for retention adjustment on the light WILL fit the TLR8 if you back the screw way out. The newer style two piece injection molded style holsters like the 7TS WILL NOT fit the TLR8.

User Tag List