Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TLR-8 AG as red dot companion

Site Supporter
    I have been using lasers on duty and teaching guns since '04, and I also strongly prefer a parallel zero. CT has gotten most of my money in ths past, and now that I am back to a Glock for the first time in 25 or so years this thread got me thinking. Gen4 G-17 with 3.25 RMR06 and my issue TRL-1s. Was going to do grip mods so the CT is out. This thread has me thinking. I would really prefer a laser between the boreline and the light if only to reduce standoff. Then there is holster issues. I may just pick up a green Lasermax guide rod and call it a wash. It also will allow me to maintain the laser capability when I remove the light for plain clothes/off duty.

I will be thinking on this and referencing this thread often between now and July 1 when I get my uniform allowance.

pat

12% off

https://www.primaryarms.com/streamli...igh-low-switch

12% off an already reasonable price with “SAVE12” coupon code. It is in a banner on their website at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    https://www.primaryarms.com/streamli...igh-low-switch

12% off an already reasonable price with “SAVE12” coupon code. It is in a banner on their website at the top.
    Excellent find.
    #RESIST

Reference the OP, I have just put together a Gen5G19MOS w/ACRO and TLR8AG mounted. Weight, loaded, is 2.2 pounds. I got an excellent holster from Tony at JM Custom, and I do believe this will be my general concealed, “off duty” setup. I have the privilege of being able to use a department indoor range singly before and after business hours, lunch, etc. I’m going to work in reduced light/dark circumstances for practice and evaluation. It occurs to me that with the green laser, one could do informative work out doors in the daylight. And by taking the slide off, one could run through home scenarios with the lights.
    That’s all to say that if you’ve got the gear, work with it!

Just received my 17 TLR-8 OWB and AIWB from Tony at JM. Excellent!

Name:  415B18DE-A3CF-4D96-BE1E-31578DB7580E.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  54.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    These are $200 right now with free shipping at primary.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just received my 17 TLR-8 OWB and AIWB from Tony at JM. Excellent!

Name:  415B18DE-A3CF-4D96-BE1E-31578DB7580E.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  54.1 KB

Just checking to see how the TLR-8 AG is holding up.

Thanks,
    Keith

Hammertime
    I have a similar set up the GJM. I got a Wing Claw 2.0 holster from JMCK that works just fine.

I like having the laser and dot co witness at 25 yards. This is pretty close to a parallel zero up close with the laser and I can't really see it at 25 yards in daylight anyway.

One concern I have noted about the laser is that it seems to lose zero pretty readily. I am not sure if it is the mount, getting pushed around in the holster, pinch bolt tightness, or something internal to the light/laser. It is nice having it cowitness with the dot in order to check zero easily. As far as durability, I have about 500 rounds on the TLR 8 AG without problems. Still on the original battery and I left the laser on for an hour once accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I have a similar set up the GJM. I got a Wing Claw 2.0 holster from JMCK that works just fine.

I like having the laser and dot co witness at 25 yards. This is pretty close to a parallel zero up close with the laser and I can't really see it at 25 yards in daylight anyway.

One concern I have noted about the laser is that it seems to lose zero pretty readily. I am not sure if it is the mount, getting pushed around in the holster, pinch bolt tightness, or something internal to the light/laser. It is nice having it cowitness with the dot in order to check zero easily. As far as durability, I have about 500 rounds on the TLR 8 AG without problems. Still on the original battery and I left the laser on for an hour once accidentally.
    I have three green and one red TLR-8 units that are all holding zero on Glock pistols. I suspect something is wrong with your specimen.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How many rail plates did you guys get with your TLR-8 AG? Mine came with the Univ-1 installed and four 1913 (1-4).

Thanks,
    Keith

User Tag List