Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWS SOURCES

http://www.onenewsnow.com
    News from a Christian perspective.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

For Germany/Switzerland I find a media navigator useful, which inserts media into a matrix with the axes left/right and Nato-compliant/Nato-critical:

swprs.org/medien-navigator

Due to this thread, I've just looked it up after a while and found: Now there is matrix for English media, too. Have not checked it, yet. But I assume, it's useful, too:

swprs.org/media-navigator

For the German media matrix, I've found out that one should read one or more media so that the "centre of gravity" of all these media is in the middle of the matrix. Then you get the whole picture (at least the chances are better). Don't know if this applies for the English media matrix.

PS:
    I sometimes read deutsch.rt.com. There you have it, I've said "Jehova"! But it's really necessary as a compensation for German mainstream media, I mean in order to get a more balanced information input. I don't say RT is the pure and complete truth. But it helps in order to get a more complete picture.
    Last edited by P30; 01-10-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    http://www.onenewsnow.com
    News from a Christian perspective.
    In that vein, https://www.ncregister.com/

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    For Germany/Switzerland I find a media navigator useful, which inserts media into a matrix with the axes left/right and Nato-compliant/Nato-critical:

swprs.org/medien-navigator

Due to this thread, I've just looked it up after a while and found: Now there is matrix for English media, too. Have not checked it, yet. But I assume, it's useful, too:

swprs.org/media-navigator

For the German media matrix, I've found out that one should read media so that the "centre of gravity" of these media is in the middle of the matrix. Then you get the whole picture. Don't know if this applies for the English media matrix.
    From my perspective, their politically centered US sources are extremely liberal. The only politically centered, close-to-power outlet I can think of in the US is the WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    WSJ for mainstream. For depth I read national review.
    This is generally the method I use.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

America's newspapers of record:

The Onion

Babylon Bee
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

In my experience - there are no news sources that are fair and balanced.

I still use a multiple outlet approach. If a story is interesting, I’ll read about it in multiple news outlets.

Initial Sources:

CNN
    New York Times
    Washington Post

Deeper Dive:

Wall Street Journal
    National Public Radio (yes NPR)
    BBC

Deepest Dive:

Al Jazeera
    Christian Science Monitor

Reality Check:

The Onion
    Babylon Bee

What about RT? The German RT appears to me as a good counterbalance for German mainstream media. But I don't know the English RT.
    Last edited by P30; 01-15-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    What about RT? The German RT appears to me as a good counterbalance for German mainstream media. But I don't know the English RT.
    RT and its many tendrils sometimes do some very fine reporting, investigation and analysis. Trouble is, most of that's purely to lend cover to all the disinformation. You want to talk fake news for real? Not the mealy-mouthed, we-don't-know-how-good-we've-actually-got-it version we whine about stateside?

RT. Enjoy it for the good reporting; enjoy it for the bad reporting; enjoy it for what it puts in that isn't true and what it leaves out that is; enjoy it for trying to read the tea leaves in Moscow and determining what the Kremlin wants people to know and what it doesn't.

But don't mistake it for a legit news source.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List