Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Check-Mate P320 New 17 Round Magazines

  1. #21
    Vending Machine Operator
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. West
    I might not be a 320 guy generally, but that's a nice looking setup.
    Assistant District Attorney (yeah, sorry, that got continued)| Admitted Beretta and S&W M2.0 Fanboy

  2. #22
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    It genuinely irritates me that SIG pulled the shenanigans that they did with the whole “Voluntary Upgrade” thing. SIGs always presented rather naturally for me and were always comfortable to shoot. I loved the modular concept of the P250 when it came out and thought it was awesome they brought it to the P320.

    It really is cool to see this level of support from Check-mate. If I ever found my way into having new SIGs for whatever reason I’ll actively look to support them for it.

  3. #23
    @JonInWA have you tried the flat trigger and have any opinion on how it compares to the curved? I understand it can be subjective but curious as to your take on it.

  4. #24
    Member JonInWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    @JonInWA have you tried the flat trigger and have any opinion on how it compares to the curved? I understand it can be subjective but curious as to your take on it.
    I haven't; I believe it's a standard feature (along with the upper slide window, XRAY3 sights and more pronounced grasping grooves) if you buy the P320 as the XCarry; mine was originally a P320 RX Compact, to which I switched from the Compact grip module to the X Carry grip module (thanks to our regional SIG LEO rep), but retained the OEM trigger control group module, with the standard curved trigger.

    Without trying a flat trigger, my thought is that while there might be an inherent incremental ergonomic improvement with it, for me personally I'm probably going to reap more benefits from a concentrated training and competition program. If and when my basic skill-sets become elevated enough to where I can actually achieve a quantifiable and discernible benefit from it, I might consider it.

    Essentially what I'm saying is that I really will probably benefit at this point from developing and maximizing my performance with what I've got-concentrating more on "software" improvements instead of "hardware" ones. The OEM trigger module inherent to the P320 seems to be pretty decent and eminently workable.

    Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 01-09-2020 at 02:01 PM.

  5. #25
    Member JonInWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It genuinely irritates me that SIG pulled the shenanigans that they did with the whole “Voluntary Upgrade” thing. SIGs always presented rather naturally for me and were always comfortable to shoot. I loved the modular concept of the P250 when it came out and thought it was awesome they brought it to the P320.

    It really is cool to see this level of support from Check-mate. If I ever found my way into having new SIGs for whatever reason I’ll actively look to support them for it.
    I totally agree with the slippery slope that SIG seemed to travel down from around 2005-2006 on, what with decreased component composition qualities, decreased QC, and seemingly diminished after-market support. And there there was the P320 drop safety kerfuffle, which in my opinion was abysmally handled and inductive of a significant moral and ethical lapse.

    Because of the above, the only SIG product until recently I felt comfortable and confident in recommending was the SP2022 (previously Sigpro/SP2340/SP2009); my feeling was that that platform had remained relatively uniquely untouched and undiminished probably due to very specific ongoing contractual specifications covering component composition/quality and QC, most probably emanating from the SP2022s provided to the French.

    Subsequent due to the drop-safety issue/program, the M17/M18 programs, and presumably other concurrent in-house product improvement programs (such as the magazines we're discussing in this thread, for example) I think there's an excellent chance that the P320 is reaching product maturity. I also have been impressed with the quality and responsiveness of the SIG-Sauer corporate individuals that I've recently engaged with (in my case, essentially from the summer of 2019 and forward), on both a personal and professional level. I think it's an encouraging indication that the moral and product quality compass needle has swung towards the positive. What's probably key now is how things go on an ongoing basis, particularly given increased platform mileage and experiences accumulated in the field, and with new (and/or modified current) product submissions.

    Best, Jon

  6. #26
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I totally agree with the slippery slope that SIG seemed to travel down from around 2005-2006 on, what with decreased component composition qualities, decreased QC, and seemingly diminished after-market support. And there there was the P320 drop safety kerfuffle, which in my opinion was abysmally handled and inductive of a significant moral and ethical lapse.

    Because of the above, the only SIG product until recently I felt comfortable and confident in recommending was the SP2022 (previously Sigpro/SP2340/SP2009); my feeling was that that platform had remained relatively uniquely untouched and undiminished probably due to very specific ongoing contractual specifications covering component composition/quality and QC, most probably emanating from the SP2022s provided to the French.

    Subsequent due to the drop-safety issue/program, the M17/M18 programs, and presumably other concurrent in-house product improvement programs (such as the magazines we're discussing in this thread, for example) I think there's an excellent chance that the P320 is reaching product maturity. I also have been impressed with the quality and responsiveness of the SIG-Sauer corporate individuals that I've recently engaged with (in my case, essentially from the summer of 2019 and forward), on both a personal and professional level. I think it's an encouraging indication that the moral and product quality compass needle has swung towards the positive. What's probably key now is how things go on an ongoing basis, particularly given increased platform mileage and experiences accumulated in the field, and with new (and/or modified current) product submissions.

    Best, Jon
    I’m definitely glad that it sounds lime they’re getting their act together. It would be nice if we could get back to trusting the company again on some level. I don’t live in a magazine ban state currently, but with the shenanigans happing in VA that could change at any given time for any of us. Being setup with a quartet of 9mm Glocks in makes me a bit nervous. I kind of always have my ear to the ground for a viable and affordable 9mm Glock alternative that has reliable 10-round magazines.

    Yes I know the G43x/G48 exists and that’s all well and fine and everything. The problem is that while those make great carry guns, I like to keep a larger full-sized pistol on hand that I can get a great two handed grip on, plays nice with a big burly and bright white light, and might even one day be a great red dot host. Not only that, but I’m really digging USPSA Production. Those two very real things are not what a G43x/G48 is very well suited for. The real solution there is if Glock could just make reliable 10-round magazines I’d have zero issues.

    I don’t have to worry about it now, but I might later. And if later comes sooner, then I’ll need that solution sooner as well and the Glocks become “rainy day” solutions.

  7. #27
    Day 2, new Checkmate magazine marked “T2” started experiencing stoppages with PMC 115 ball, that runs with the MecGar mags. Will see what tomorrow brings.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  8. #28
    Member JonInWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Day 2, new Checkmate magazine marked “T2” started experiencing stoppages with PMC 115 ball, that runs with the MecGar mags. Will see what tomorrow brings.
    George, I'd suggest that tomorrow you run T2 concurrently with a Mec-Gar in the session, to isolate if its a magazine, gun, or ammunition induced issue.

    But you guys are probably way ahead of me on this.

    Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 01-09-2020 at 07:20 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    George, I'd suggest that tomorrow you run T2 concurrently with a Mec-Gar in the session, to isolate if its a magazine, gun, or ammunition induced issue.

    But you guys are probably way ahead of me on this.

    Best, Jon
    She has been running that ammo, with her Legions and MecGar magazines for months.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    She has been running that ammo, with her Legions and MecGar magazines for months.
    Name:  5938FACB-BC52-4329-A9D1-87FA9C676457.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  46.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •