Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Check-Mate P320 New 17 Round Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    This thread is primarily about the 17 round magazines, as there the ones that Check-Mate produces for SIG-Sauer to the best of my knowledge, all the 15 round magazines for the P320 are made by Mec-Gar; Check-Mate has only been manufacturing the 17 rounders for SIG-Sauer P320.

Personally, I concurrently have 4 of the 15 round Mec-Gar 15 round magazines, as my P320 originally came as a P320 RX Compact. They performed flawlessly. One of the nice things about the modularity of the P320 is the ability to easily switch between different grip modules and configurations-and similar slide and caliber switching can also be done.

Best, Jon
    Thanks for the info. I have 11 15 round mags. 9 are made in Italy, two are US made with no additional marks to indicate who manufactured them. Haven't had a problem with any of them.

I will quit being a distraction now and observe the results.

Thanks again for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have 11 15 round mags. 9 are made in Italy, two are US made with no additional marks to indicate who manufactured them. Haven't had a problem with any of them.

I will quit being a distraction now and observe the results.

Thanks again for doing this.
    You're hardly a distraction-and thanks for the comments.

Best, Jon

Excellent! Thank you for doing this. I too have segregated my 320 magazines: made in Italy for carry and made in USA for the range. I've only got a few thousand training rounds in, but the USA-marked mags have performed without fail in training (weekly), USPSA matches (only a couple), and classes (a few). I'm looking forward to reading others' experiences.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

As probably already stated, the 320 X5 came with four 21 round magazines, marked made in Italy, and presumably made by MecGar. They are excellent magazines and are the bulk of what my wife and friends use. The new 320 Legions we have, came with three seventeen round magazines with Henning baseplates, and have a “C” on them. I understand they are made by Checkmate. We have experienced enough problems with them, especially if loaded to seventeen rounds, that we relegate them to practice. Jon was nice enough to send us four of the new Checkmate magazines, and today my wife shot them for the first time. She loaded them right up to seventeen rounds, and so far they functioned perfectly. She will continue to use them for practice, so we should get a bunch of data on them quickly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

There are some very specific improvements to these new magazines that I suspect have addressed and eradicated the issues with the previous production 17 round magazines. (And no, I can't discuss exactly what the improvements are, so don't attempt to further interrogate me on 'em....)

Our individual and collective use should be an excellent litmus test of these new magazines. And hey, we get to do it all for science!

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    There are some very specific improvements to these new magazines that I suspect have addressed and eradicated the issues with the previous production 17 round magazines. (And no, I can't discuss exactly what the improvements are, so don't attempt to further interrogate me on 'em....)

Our individual and collective use should be an excellent litmus test of these new magazines. And hey, we get to do it all for science!

Best, Jon
    Once again, I appreciate this and enjoyed the fellowship today.

Regards.

Name:  01BC227D-61A3-4DF4-ACEE-CEF0CF6F42D7.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  48.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thank you for your updates and Check-Mate’s desire to take care of customers! I don’t have a P320 but I’m awaiting my Shield G43x mags. I hope they work and I want Check-Mate to succeed and produce quality mags. The more options we have as shooters the better life is for all of us.

I’m just jealous that you won a P320

Who does that?

Will be interesting thread to follow. Thanks for the info from another 253’er

Hey, what can I say? It was a bolt outta the blue, for me, too. NSSF and SIG were great, and SIG allowed me to reconfigure the Gearbox package so it was more specifically tailored to me (within the dollar constraints of the package) and was more integrated.

Here are some images of what I'm running:

The P320 RX, X Carry grip module, Romeo1 with steel protective shroud. It's normally carried in the appropriate Mitch Rosen OWB holster available from the SIG, with spare magazines carried in a Bianchi dual magazine pouch. Notice the boxed "C" in the magazine tube rollmarking signifying Check-Mate manufacture

Close-up of the Henning Group extended baseplate that is OEM with the Check-Mate 17 round magazines. the diamond pattern engraving on the bottom of the pads really ensures an excellent surface facilitating a positive reload

In addition to the more natural index provided by the grip configuration (at least for me), the X grip modules also provide for less constrained/fenced-in access to the slide release lever. OEM stippling is quite good.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 01-09-2020 at 01:15 PM.

User Tag List