Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clinch Pick 2.0

Ordered the 2.0 tonight. I am hoping it arrives before the EWO class next weekend, I'd love to get some reps in with the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ordered the 2.0 tonight. I am hoping it arrives before the EWO class next weekend, I'd love to get some reps in with the trainer.
    I hope it arrives as well. Have you done EWO yet?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    How are the edges coming out on the new batches, boss?
    They're better dude. Not Ban Tang sharp but for a factory blade made in China it's good.

Ordered a 2.0 and trainer this morning, and it's on the way already!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    No discount code. Our margins have thinned considerably due to Trump tariffs. So much for not affecting small business...
    Oof. The Harmonized Tariff Schedule is a weird thing to navigate, and at least on the clothing and outdoor side of things leads to some design changes just to lower the tariff applied, but I have no idea how that translates to cutlery, or if there are any options in that vein.

E.g. https://www.marketplace.org/2019/05/...our-waistline/
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Oof. The Harmonized Tariff Schedule is a weird thing to navigate, and at least on the clothing and outdoor side of things leads to some design changes just to lower the tariff applied, but I have no idea how that translates to cutlery, or if there are any options in that vein.

E.g. https://www.marketplace.org/2019/05/...our-waistline/
    Tariffs cut my business in half last year... Ouch.

8211.92.90.45 (sheath-type knife) ... Was... 6.1%.... Currently... 21.1% (plus 0.4 cents/each).

Some of our products went from 2% to 37%..

I'm ok with what Trump is doing to bring China to heel. But I hope it's over soon (I fear not). Here's the sad part.... Even with a +25% tariff, it's still cheaper to do metalwork in China vs. what US shops are quoting me for moving business stateside. I can build it in China, ship it by air, and still be less cost and faster, without sacrificing quality. Crazy.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Even with a +25% tariff, it's still cheaper to do metalwork in China vs. what US shops are quoting me for moving business stateside. I can build it in China, ship it by air, and still be less cost and faster, without sacrificing quality. Crazy.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I hope it arrives as well. Have you done EWO yet?
    Nope, this is my first time. I am hoping they take pity, and are merciful.

And the new Clinch Pick set arrived yesterday! Very fast shipping, and a very big tip of the Stetson to the folks at SPG!

I really do like the new handles. They orient very well, and I spent time last night working with the trainer.

I've got a pair of the sheaths Cecil designed on order from JM Custom, and am looking forward to carrying them.

I have one of the Ban Tang titanium double-edged Clinch Picks for suit carry, and love it as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Nope, this is my first time. I am hoping they take pity, and are merciful. .
    Was hoping to attend, but will be in Tucson checking out UA with my youngest. Have fun!?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just so we're clear, its a China made knife, same steel as the China Pick, China made sheath that has the overmolding problem taken care of, and China made scales that are a perfect remake of Ban's improved scales. It's like $20 bucks more than the standard CP.
    What's the chance that you might have a link??

User Tag List