Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clinch Pick 2.0

Clinch Pick 2.0

Anyone handle the CP 2.0 yet?
    Is the sheath improved or will I still need to order a DSG sheath? Does Shivworks have a P-F discount code?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Is the sheath improved or will I still need to order a DSG sheath? Does Shivworks have a P-F discount code?
    Are you talking about the Ban Tang version with the diamond textured G10 that Shivworks is now selling?

If Shivworks sells it with Ban's original sheath (I assume they do), then you don't need another sheath, as far as I'm concerned. I purchased mine maybe a year ago straight from Ban's site and it's sheath has a much smaller footprint without giving up any retention and, frankly, I like the G10 much better than the "onion bulb" grip of before.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Are you talking about the Ban Tang version with the diamond textured G10 that Shivworks is now selling?

If Shivworks sells it with Ban's original sheath (I assume they do), then you don't need another sheath, as far as I'm concerned. I purchased mine maybe a year ago straight from Ban's site and it's sheath has a much smaller footprint without giving up any retention and, frankly, I like the G10 much better than the "onion bulb" grip of before.
    Nice. I'm a big fan of 3V steel. Tough stuff, easy to sharpen and holds a pretty fine edge. My daily utility knife around the house is made of 3V. It was made for me by Ed Schott I don't even remember how many years ago.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Shivworks has a production version of Ban’s CP with the flat sides on the bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nice. I'm a big fan of 3V steel. Tough stuff, easy to sharpen and holds a pretty fine edge. My daily utility knife around the house is made of 3V. It was made for me by Ed Schott I don't even remember how many years ago.
    I think Ban uses 3V in all his steel knives, and they have a "scary edge". :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Shivworks has a production version of Ban’s CP with the flat sides on the bulb.
    I'll let @SouthNarc confirm, but this looks exactly like the Ban Tang knife itself, as far as I can tell from a fast trip to the Shivworks page. If that is the case, then my previous post applies.

I think that knife and sheath is a definite improvement on the original.

I'll let @SouthNarc confirm, but this looks exactly like the Ban Tang knife itself, as far as I can tell from a fast trip to the Shivworks page. If that is the case, then my previous post applies.

I think that knife and sheath is a definite improvement on the original.
    Just so we're clear, its a China made knife, same steel as the China Pick, China made sheath that has the overmolding problem taken care of, and China made scales that are a perfect remake of Ban's improved scales. It's like $20 bucks more than the standard CP.

No discount code. Our margins have thinned considerably due to Trump tariffs. So much for not affecting small business...

I've got one and the sheath is greatly improved over the original China Pick sheath. I need to round the tip on my sheath down a little bit but it's great otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just so we're clear, its a China made knife, same steel as the China Pick, China made sheath that has the overmolding problem taken care of, and China made scales that are a perfect remake of Ban's improved scales. It's like $20 bucks more than the standard CP.
    How are the edges coming out on the new batches, boss?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List