Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Supreme Court declares your rectum a safe space...

Minnesota Supreme Court declares your rectum a safe space...

CliffsNotes:

Crack dealer shoves bag of crack in his ass. Cops take him to hospital and secure not one but two warrants to retrieve bag of crack from suspects ass. Man is strapped down and sedated against his wishes. Bag of crack is retrieved. Man is arrested and convicted of fifth-degree drug possession. Man appeals and makes it to the Minnesota Supreme Court where his conviction is overturned.

The court wrote, “If a coerced invasion of one’s [body] cavity — an area inherently personal and private — while sedated and in front of strangers is not a serious and substantial intrusion of an individual’s dignitary interest in personal privacy and bodily integrity, we cannot fathom what is.”

Had police waited for the man to naturally eliminate the bag of crack from his ass the Minnesota Supreme Court wouldn't have declared our rectum a safe space.

Full court doc:

https://law.justia.com/cases/minneso.../a17-0870.html

This case is like an embarrassment of riches for the likes of me...

State vs. Brown

Ass - Crack

The state having the evidence suppressed must've felt like the butt of a cruel joke.

They should've just held him in custody (and under observation) until he eventually had to void his bowels and they would've avoided the whole crappy situation.

They should get training from Customs Inspectors in this arena. They know their shit.

(Apologies in advance. I only took the liberty because it's in the "general" forum.)
    Last edited by blues; 01-07-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Holy crap this is dumb. That’s a lot of effort for some crack.

Someone shoves drugs you their butt or swallows them....it’s a medical problem. If you can get them out of your custody, do so as quickly as possible. Then you don’t have to deal with a death and custody.

Small time thinking about big time problems.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This case is like an embarrassment of riches for the likes of me...

State vs. Brown
    This case will certainly go down in the anals of history. A probing look at privacy.

Glad they ruled quickly; a case like this could have really plugged things up.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This is completely assanine.

Lordsburg, NM says "hold my Vaseline covered glove.".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Holy crap this is dumb. That’s a lot of effort for some crack.

Someone shoves drugs you their butt or swallows them....it’s a medical problem. If you can get them out of your custody, do so as quickly as possible. Then you don’t have to deal with a death and custody.

Small time thinking about big time problems.
    It only takes a small lapse for major headaches to ensue. Inspectors catch a guy flying in with coke concealed on body and in luggage. Call out an agent to handle the arrest. Agent handcuffs the guy to a rail in the interview room but leaves him within lunging distance of the evidence while he goes out to call for an assist...

...Guy grabs handfuls of the coke and ingests it while the agent is out of the room. Dies. One of the very few times I've seen a defendant die after being taken into custody at the air or seaport. The Inspectors had that routine nailed down and Jackson Memorial Hospital had a secure ward specifically set up for monitoring (internal) body carriers so no Constitutional issues (so to speak) arose. (Thankfully I never had to be one of the poor souls either monitoring or securing those dirtbags at the hospital.)

ETA: There were guys who died post arrest from burst coke and heroin filled condoms they had swallowed, but that was on them as there was really nothing the hospital could do. X-ray and wait it out if it couldn't be induced.
    Last edited by blues; 01-07-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I deal with this every single night and it's a headache. The dealers most often either hold in their mouth or their ass. Usually they won't shove it inside of the rectum but they'll keep the baggie between the cheeks for easy access. We'll watch them make the hand to hands and pull it from their waistband during the search.

There are some that can shove it up their ass pretty quick. If we don't have another charge then they win that one and we'll have to catch them the next day. I'm not going to spend hours dealing with a search warrant when I can go one block over and get another case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ass-backwards decision. The suspect gave them an opening. Cheeky bastard.

With that out of the way, I bow in reverence to:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This case will certainly go down in the anals of history.

Site Supporter
    Rectum? Hell it damn near killed him!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List