Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new and improved Iraq discussion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

...particularly from scum-sucking Congress-critters
    must we generalize an entire group with such inclusion alongside such a vitriolic, degrading epithet? We admit to and even take pride in being scum-sucking... however.. THAT's just over the top.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s a big part of the problem though. Congress is almost entirely worthless. Hard for one branch to check another when all three of them are all kinds of screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, do we burn down the house and start over...or make repairs where we can?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Woah.

That’s not going to end well.

Especially with Boris getting a massive re-election as PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Woah.

That’s not going to end well.

Especially with Boris getting a massive re-election as PM.
    RJ - exactly what do you expect the British to do about this insult? Remember they had a tanker seized and ??

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They didn't have to waste a missile to kill a few hundred people. They could have just shot protesters and came up with the same numbers. My guess is those people were trying to get out of there before the place turned to rubble.
    Ive read that a lot of people around Solemini were arrested. Im wondering if one they didnt get to in time was on that plane.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ive read that a lot of people around Solemini were arrested. Im wondering if one they didnt get to in time was on that plane.
    I think many of those people were trying to leave Iran in a hurry. I haven't seen a list of citizenship yet but I think Ukraine and Canada was mentioned.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    RJ - exactly what do you expect the British to do about this insult? Remember they had a tanker seized and ??
    No clue.

It seems he was released after a few hours?

I’m no consulate official, but I’d guess at least senior diplomats from the UK would be recalled to London to determine the status of relations with Iran. The average brit can’t be thrilled with them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think many of those people were trying to leave Iran in a hurry. I haven't seen a list of citizenship yet but I think Ukraine and Canada was mentioned.
    The victims: 176 were killed. Those include 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans and three British nationals, according to Ukraine's Foreign Minister.

As I said earlier perhaps the person they were looking for was on that plane.
    Last edited by UNK; 01-11-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    What baffles me is this: The Quds Force was designated a terrorist entity in 2007. As its leader, Soleimani was a legitimate military target. It now turns out that killing him has been on the table for months.

If Trump had said as much and concluded with "we had to chance to take him out and we did so", that would have been the end of the story. Trump would have had a moment in which he looked firm and decisive, almost a Gary Cooper sort of guy.

Unfortunately, no. That was not enough for Trump. He had to embellish and lie about why Soleimani had to be killed. First there was the "imminent plot" for which there is no evidence. Now there's the "four embassies plot", something that Trump appears to have cooked up himself. Again, no evidence. Next it will be Trump saying that Soleimani planned to blow up Tranquility Base.

So we don't have a moment of "Trump the decisive leader", we have yet another moment of "Trump the big fat liar", in the same way that he turned the killing of the head of ISIS into a story about how Trump makes shit up.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List