Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new and improved Iraq discussion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think at this point the biggest value of the news is to determine what people think happened, not what actually happened.

Name:  Screen-Shot-2019-11-07-at-2.29.05-PM.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  54.7 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

It's easier for me to believe people who were not talking impeachment or taking down Trump days or even moments after the election.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I predicted that Trump would be impeached or he would resign before his first term was over when he took office. Looks like he got impeached, just not removed from office yet. So I guess I was one who was talking about impeachment when he was elected, but I was right. He isn't exactly a popular president but I think that has to do with his style more than his performance in office. I'm not seeing his performance as being any better or worse than the last two presidents we've had. He just has a different style.

So now I'm wondering if an impeached president can get re elected when he isn't removed from office. That right there should be evidence that enough people support him or they don't, not how the media spins the story.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-14-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Is this the right place for this? I'm lost today...
    I was able to watch the video without dealing with the NYT paywall..

New Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane

Neither strike downed the plane immediately. The new video shows the airliner on fire, circling back toward Tehran’s international airport. Minutes later it exploded and crashed down, narrowly missing the village of Khalaj Abad, an earlier Times video reconstruction, below, shows.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

That was hard to watch. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Truth? You defend Trump by talking about "truth"? Trump, a man who lies about everything and anything, even when it doesn't matter, even when the truth would be better for him?

Right, and your side of the debate, the side that spent eight years bandying about the "secret Muslim, show us the birth certificate" crap, all pushed for years by Trump, all that seems to be conveniently forgotten. "Tan Suit Gate" has also been flushed own the memory hole. The various crap pushed by the Right (Jade Helm, anyone) has been forgotten.

That's the way it is. But taking the position that the Right is full of patriots and the Left is full of subversives, which I have seen over and over on here for years, is a load of manure best spread on a farmer's field.

And with that, I'm done.
    Once again, you've claimed not be entirely anti-Trump, but you also claimed that he lies about literally "everything and anything," which is a glaring indicator of your unreserved bias against him and proof that you will lie just to prove your point.
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-14-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

This just popped into my head after watching the video. That was a commercial aircraft, not military, that was shot down. I haven't been around military aircraft in awhile but I see Growlers (EA-18G) almost everyday in flight. They launch with afterburners and gain altitude very fast. That isn't a 737 on anybody's radar screen. A 737 takes off at about 150 mph and usually cruises at about 450. Any US military aircraft that might have been over Tehran would not have been flying that slow. Maybe a cruise missile but even then the airspeed would have been excessive for a 737 gaining altitude. That takes a long time.

It seems to me the missile battery operators weren't tracking Flight 752's airspeed and heading or they would have known it was a commercial flight.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-15-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    This just popped into my head after watching the video. That was a commercial aircraft, not military, that was shot down. I haven't been around military aircraft in awhile but I see Growlers (EA-18G) almost everyday in flight. They launch with afterburners and gain altitude very fast. That isn't a 737 on anybody's radar screen. A 737 takes off at about 150 mph and usually cruises at about 450. Any US military aircraft that might have been over Tehran would not have been flying that slow. Maybe a cruise missile but even then the airspeed would have been excessive for a 737 gaining altitude. That takes a long time.

It seems to me the missile battery operators weren't tracking Flight 752's airspeed and heading or they would have known it was a commercial flight.
    I’m guessing it’s more of a mixture of sheer terror and incompetency than conspiracy theory though. Keep in mind that most country’s aren’t shooting down planes too often so it’s not like anyone has a lot of realistic training, much less real world experience. It’s a significant event when our guys shoot down a drone during the day, when they were already expecting it and were under no threat. We’ve owned the sky for a long time, mostly because we smoke enemy ADA first. These dudes had probably been on edge for days, waiting for their shit to blow up before they ever saw anything on the radar. Not at all surprising they accidentally shot something down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin Bay at the Strategy Page again: On Point: Iranians Attack Their Real Enemy: The Ayatollah Regime
    The December 2017 protests persisted into spring 2018. They waxed and waned but always returned. In November 2019, protests returned with a vengeance. Regime security forces killed an estimated 1,500 Iranians who had the gall to protest a fuel price increase.
    An operational hint the ayatollah regime thinks has strategic resonance: If domestic turmoil threatens the regime, the regime tells its terrorist proxies to attack America.
    In late December 2019, regime proxies attacked Americans in Iraq and assaulted the U.S. embassy in Baghdad. The assault intentionally mimicked 1979's assault on the U.S. embassy in Tehran. Both assaults were attacks on sovereign U.S. territory. Soleimani directed the 2019 attack and was likely involved in the 1979 attack.
    Iran's 2019/2020 information-warfare angle is no coincidence. Soleimani and his boss, the Islamic Republic of Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, had a domestic propaganda message. Portraying the U.S. as weak in December 2019 echoed U.S. weakness in 1979.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I don't know if this has anything to do with preparation for conflict with Iran, but they are working on SOMETHING.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...wVUlE.facebook

"GPS reception may be unavailable or unreliable over a large portion of the southeastern states and the Caribbean during offshore military exercises scheduled between January 16 and 24."

I was on the outer fringes of that map, supposedly have to have been at 25,000+ ft altitude to been affected, but the Ford GPS nav screen was showing us going around Athens Ala in circles while headed due West out of Huntsville.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List