Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new and improved Iraq discussion thread!

Our new and improved Iraq discussion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Lol! Is this better?
    https://taskandpurpose.com/cia-r9x-hellfire-missile

Lots of sites reported it. I just grabbed the first one.
    Ho Lee Shit.

Takes a Flechette warhead to a new level lol.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-07-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Hopefully the WH will have an official statement tomorrow about what actually happened and the casualties if any.

Hoping for the best possible outcome.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Name:  18A872CD-65EC-4690-9C8F-2512A8D8BACA.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  68.3 KB

^^^@HCM

Epic.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-07-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I am mellow, but my poor students are freaking out about WWIII. This includes self-proclaimed Trump supporters.

Suggestions?

Love the ad above, BTW.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Student
    Some of you might know about Glen Stilson, a local trainer here in Arizona who occasionally co-teaches a close contact handgun class and entangled handgun class with Cecil Burch. Mr. Stilson also has a weekly podcast, and this week's episode was with someone also from around here who worked with the Peshmerga a while back.

https://thearmsroomvom.podbean.com/e...with-the-pesh/

You can skip to about 11:18 to get to the main content.
    Last edited by Yung; 01-08-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I am mellow, but my poor students are freaking out about WWIII. This includes self-proclaimed Trump supporters.

Suggestions?

Love the ad above, BTW.
    Remind them that we’ve been at war with Iran—on a sliding scale from hot to cold—since the end of 1979. Let them know that Iran may be off the hook, but a bunch of other countries over there don’t want it to spread. Remind them that initial media reports are often wrong, and sometimes never get it quite right, even with tine. Tell them to take anything on TV with a grain of salt, and to be skeptical if they see a bunch of unrelated stories all using the same stock photo.

Might be worth doing a short module on Iran, discussing life there prior to the revolution, and post-revolution. Contrast and compare.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-08-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Suggestions?

Love the ad above, BTW.
    Who are your students?

I can read better intel than most because of my job, but am not close enough nor have anywhere near enough time in to make anywhere close to a worthwhile prediction. That being said, just from a logical standpoint, I feel like all of the big players we’d be worried about for WWIII have far better things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Hi guys. Last night was fun.

I can't speak on exact numbers for obvious reasons, but safe to say that Iranian missiles had an abysmal ratio for missiles fired:missile impacted anywhere near a base... or even got off their launchers intact and got counted in the media coverage, for that matter.
    All of us are relieved at the news of zero casualties regardless.

Reasoning of 'Honor is satisfied by aiming at nothing' rings hollow as fuck to me. It's a convenient excuse for the equipment failures, that's for sure. That's my opinion based on everything else I've seen.

The game is afoot, and we're busy as fuck doing the math and monitoring and data collection etc so all the boys and girls doing the real work have everything they need.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Prayers for our team in harms way.
    Prayers for strength and calm and wisdom for American decision makers.
    Prayers for the safety of Iranian civilians that want to be free of the extremist yolk that holds them hostage.
    Same prayers as mine - though I pray too for restraint and wisdom among the leadership of our adversaries, and not just our own leadership.

Suggestions?

Love the ad above, BTW.
    Tell your students this: There are hundreds of thousands of American service members on the job, right now, doing everything we can in our rather impressive capabilities to make sure of three things:
    -Your students, you, and your fellow Americans are safe
    -Our brothers & sisters in arms are safe
    -That collective safety is secured with the most measured, precise, and minimum force possible.

At home, your students have tens of thousands of LEO's and Gov agencies doing everything in their rather impressive abilities to ensure that they're safe at home, and that the rest of us are safe out here too.
    Emphasize that this is a constant - and that collective effort and sense of purpose has not changed due to recent events, it has only further galvanized our already-hardened resolve. That same work, guided by our resolve and sense of purpose has been relentlessly ongoing the entire time your students have been alive.

Presently, there are thousands of us over here chomping at the bit to replace everything Iranian-military looking with smoking craters, and we're overwhelmingly capable of doing exactly that. The ability of the US Military to visit complete and utter destruction upon those who would be our enemies is limited only by our conscience and morality.

The only reason our leadership keeps us on the leash is the desire for peace, and the efforts to achieve that peaceful end-state with the minimum amount of force possible.

At the moment, we're playing that 'loss of face' game because Iran's leadership basically had to do something to prove to the rest of the Arab world they aren't a bunch of bitches, even though they're a bunch of sadistic bitches.
    Whether or not our response is decisive by their standards, or we allow them to have this last word remains to be seen.

Whatever comes, we are definitely prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Hi guys. Last night was fun...
    In the running for post of the year. I mean, there’s still, what, 51 weeks to go, but in all, a solid start.

User Tag List