Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new and improved Iraq discussion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Reports coming in of a rocket attack on the Al Asad air base in Iraq.

I think the fecal matter just hit the oscillating air-dispersion unit...
    There are many conflicting reports, with some saying as few as six missiles and others say 400 plus. There are reports of fatalities, which I hope are not correct. Fog of war and all that, but the missiles have been described as either "surface-to-surface ballistic" or "cruise missiles". In any event, this seems to be a coordinated attack.
    Last edited by farscott; 01-07-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    There are many conflicting reports, with some saying as few as six missiles and others say 400 plus. There are reports of fatalities, which I hope are not correct. Fog of war and all that, but the missiles have been described as either "surface-to-surface ballistic" or "cruise missiles". In any event, this seems to be a coordinated attack.
    Iranian State TV is claiming the missles were launched from Tehran.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 01-07-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Iranian State TV is claiming the missles were launched from Tehran.
    Oh boy, here we go.
    Godspeed, you Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, & Airmen.

I wonder if Henry Kissinger is watching tv and wondering if he will have lived long enough to finally see Iran lose as Iraq did.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 01-07-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Hopefully this military action will end swiftly, and with more missiles than troops on ground.

I wonder how much Al Asad has changed since I saw it last. At the time it was often referred to as "Camp Cupcake" by the half of my company that wasn't living there. It's a pretty large base, and from what I remember of the entry points it was well fortified with multiple layers.

-Cory

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    This business has a potential to spin out of control.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Good one

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    This doesn't align with the story the Trump administration is telling:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...=pocket-newtab
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Well... Things about to get interesting.

Reports are Al-Asad AB and Erbil. Apparently some unconfirmed reports of Taji as well.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    CNN says "a dozen", which, with their recent track record, could mean anything, or nothing.

The Pentagon says "over a dozen." (Difference is presumably due to later reporting.)
    (I will note that CNN actually seems interested in reporting breaking news that is really breaking, instead of just running talking heads talking to other talking heads, or running Anthony Bourdain reruns.)
    (Yes, I'm the guy that keeps changing the channel on the TV in operations to the weather channel.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

My theory... Sulemain was the only man keeping the Ayatollahs safe from the uprising going on and I think that uprising has been far more significant and effective than reported.
    This lashing out is the Ayatollahs final "fuck you" before they get run out of power.
    I would no be surprised if they try to nuke Israel (or at least throw a nuke into a US base in Iraq) if they actually have one that's functional.
    They're going to try and make it a full blown Jihad instead of just a Persian war.

I blame this shit on every President from Carter to Obama, all of them kicked the can down the road (including Reagan who should have crushed them in his first month).
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-07-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List