Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where have all the P30v1's gone?

Where have all the P30v1's gone?

I would like to buy an additional P30v1. I carry H&K LEM pistols almost exclusively at this point. I have two HK45's which are great, and I love the P30 when I want a smaller pistol. I bought mine new around 2013. A few months back I was trying to find one for a friend who is just getting started in defensive shooting. After posting on a well known H&K forum, I found an unfired pistol in private hands. My friend overpaid for it, but there simply weren't any others available.

Since then, I've been checking regularly, and it seems the supply of P30v1's has just dried up. I know H&K usually ships pistols in batches, but this is frustrating. I have what I "need" for now, but I am hesitant to recommend a pistol to new shooters when H&K doesn't seem interested in selling it. There seems to be no lack of VP9s.

I'll stop venting now. Does anyone have any information as to when another batch might come in from Germans? I think I will buy at least two more when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    I would like to buy an additional P30v1. I carry H&K LEM pistols almost exclusively at this point. I have two HK45's which are great, and I love the P30 when I want a smaller pistol. I bought mine new around 2013. A few months back I was trying to find one for a friend who is just getting started in defensive shooting. After posting on a well known H&K forum, I found an unfired pistol in private hands. My friend overpaid for it, but there simply weren't any others available.

Since then, I've been checking regularly, and it seems the supply of P30v1's has just dried up. I know H&K usually ships pistols in batches, but this is frustrating. I have what I "need" for now, but I am hesitant to recommend a pistol to new shooters when H&K doesn't seem interested in selling it. There seems to be no lack of VP9s.

I'll stop venting now. Does anyone have any information as to when another batch might come in from Germans? I think I will buy at least two more when they do.
    I checked a few local dealers where I buy and there are none. One in particular will have HK if they are available.

HK seems to be able to build one or two models at a time. I don't think they're particularly interested in civilian sales much like Colt. Military contracts are far more lucrative. I'm not much of a 9mm fan or I would have a P30. Considering HK45C after buying an HK45.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

My understanding is that HK is currently swamped with contract orders right now, and, HK is really a small company with a not that large production capacity. It’s not that they’re not interested in civilian sales, but the contracts take priority. Just be patient.

HK apparently tends to batch produce, with the historically most salable sku's being prioritized (or, perhaps alternatively, the most distributor ordered/requested sku's being prioritized-I guess from HK's standpoint, the difference between the two is pretty irrelevant...).

I've heard the "government contract" thing bandied about. My thought is that HK is likely to prioritize production for those that pony up significant contracts with the shortest payment cycles....

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I’d imagine the HK SP5’s being instantly snapped up probably diverted their attention. They’ve dropped prices on VP9 to very low. People are gouging with SP5’s on gunbroker.

However, I know nothing over you guys.
    God Bless,

Brandon

There is one for sale on ar15.com

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I thought P30 production was moved to the US, which was the reason for the price drops a year or two ago.

Not sure that changes anything but how long it takes for them to get from production line to distributors, and the price you'll eventually pay.

It may be that they're just cranking the VP9 handle.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I thought P30 production was moved to the US, which was the reason for the price drops a year or two ago.

Not sure that changes anything but how long it takes for them to get from production line to distributors, and the price you'll eventually pay.

It may be that they're just cranking the VP9 handle.
    I bought a new P-30 last spring, ( LGS got a small shipment of 6, in.) all were made in Germany... But, on the other hand, I do have a HK 45c, which is marked as being made in the U.S.A. But, the left side of the barrels chamber is marked “DE” and when I removed the rear sight when I changed the sights, in the dove tail was the pistols serial number and below that was again, the letters “DE” I think what’s going on is, that these pistols are being assembled in the U.S. from German made parts.. So, I’m guessing that enough of the smaller parts, and the polymer frame, are made here, to raise the part count enough to be able to say it’s made in the U.S. Which makes sense, it’s easier to import parts, than it is to import assembled pistols...So, is the HK 45,45c made in the U.S.? Sort of...
    Last edited by ralph; 01-10-2020 at 10:39 AM.

OP, I hear ya.
    I'm just glad I was able to get my buddy a P30Lv3 a few years back, at a really good price, when they were also unobtainium. You know who you are, seller, and you still have my and his thanks.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I should really pick up another one, when they make an appearance.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List