Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber is now doing the K6 in a 4"

Kimber is now doing the K6 in a 4"

Both adjustable (“target”) and fixed (“combat”) sight versions. The fixed sight combat may well be the best looking of the Kimber revolvers thus far, if nothing else.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-dasa-4-combat-1
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

They really should have done a full length ejector rod.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I took a screen shot of the specifications:

Name:  Kimber target.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  48.8 KB

My first question is the desirability of a 25.5 oz target revolver. A lightweight 4" gun might have been nice back in the day of cops carrying service revolvers, but for now? What's the market for a lightweight target gun?

It could be just me, but I find shooting .357s out of a pre-bad stuff Model 66 to be bordering on uncomfortable. Shooting them out of gun that's half-a-pound or more lighter... nah.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My first question is the desirability of a 25.5 oz target revolver.
    I find a 32 oz K frame to be noticeably faster to draw and transition with compared to a 50 oz N frame. A 26 oz revolver with IDPA puffball loads (105 PF) is no big deal in terms of recoil.

It could be just me, but I find shooting .357s out of a pre-bad stuff Model 66 to be bordering on uncomfortable. Shooting them out of gun that's half-a-pound or more lighter... nah.
    I don't disagree, but target shooting isn't done with magnums.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-07-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I find a 32 oz K frame to be noticeably faster to draw and transition with compared to a 50 oz N frame. A 26 oz revolver with IDPA puffball loads (105 PF) is no big deal in terms of recoil.

I don't disagree, but target shooting isn't done with magnums.
    Yabbut they chambered it in .357. I was thinking of those who want to shoot in the major category.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

On their website for these models they have a caliber drop down menu that only displays .357. So why the drop down? I wonder if they plan to add calibers to it? Like 9mm.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Yabbut they chambered it in .357. I was thinking of those who want to shoot in the major category.
    They're free to take their punishment if they want it.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-07-2020 at 09:46 AM.

I have one of the 3” DAOs, and I’m still impressed with it. Shooting magnums is an experience, but very doable. My only complaint with the gun is that they kept the short ejector rod with the longer barrel, and I see they’re continuing the mistake here.

The first handgun I fell in love with was a 4” Diamondback in an Ely, MN hardware store ca. 1974. This new 4” pulls a lot of those same strings. But, I’d probably do better to look for that DB or one of the next to last model 4” Police Positive Specials (the one with the partially shrouded ejector rod) if I wanted a lightweight 4” .38.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 01-07-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    On their website for these models they have a caliber drop down menu that only displays .357. So why the drop down? I wonder if they plan to add calibers to it? Like 9mm.
    A 9mm K6 with a 547-style extraction system? Take my money!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Okay, that thing looks very sharp. Way less awkward than the DAO 3.” That might be an strong option for people with shorter fingers that want a IDPA competition revolver or a mid-size .357 for hiking.
    Last edited by JRV; 01-07-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List