Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK45C Tactical

The HK45c was always my favorite non-1911 .45.

Glock 19 size, 8 rounds, thinner slide than a USPc, better DA/SA trigger than a P2k/P30, shorter trigger reset than the P2k/P30, ability to carry cocked & locked, larger mag release than USPc, ability to take extended HK45 full size mags, 9 trigger variants compared to the 3 variants for the P2k/P30, etc.

I always wished H&K would make the same gun in 9mm rather than going down the P2k/P30 line on the 9mm side. The improvements were significant enough over the USPc series that it was just a better overall pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It’s happened to other people while riding the safety lever. Just not me.
    I happened to me a few times.

15 bucks or so on a new detent plate to get rid of decock altogether solved the problem.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm still working with the DA. It's not trivial to make it what it should be. The best I can imagine may be prohibitively expensive to even try.

It has occurred to me that just running it like a double-stack, polymer, uber-reliable and relatively affordable 1911 may be a very good answer, if not the answer for everyone. Getting a good, clean SA press is not difficult.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 01-16-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm still working with the DA. It's not trivial to make it what it should be. The best I can imagine may be prohibitively expensive to even try.

It has occurred to me that just running it like a double-stack, polymer, uber-reliable and relatively affordable 1911 may be a very good answer, if not the answer for everyone. Getting a good, clean SA press is not difficult.
    I have messed around with the various trigger configurations, and come to the conclusion that light LEM is the best for me in the 45C.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That is where I am at as well. Interestingly my light lem of my HK45CT is noticeably better then my P2K or P30. I have pondered trying one st up like a 1911, variant 9 IIRC. But if Im going to do that, a Staccato C2 starts calling my name.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have messed around with the various trigger configurations, and come to the conclusion that light LEM is the best for me in the 45C.
    Another plus with the LEM, for me, is that I can get a little bit higher grip on the gun with the control lever gone.

.45 equals field pistol for me, and that means inclement weather, gloves and possible adverse shooting positions. None of that is compatible with a thumb safety on a pistol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    .45 equals field pistol for me, and that means inclement weather, gloves and possible adverse shooting positions. None of that is compatible with a thumb safety on a pistol for me.
    That's a very appropriate aspect I hadn't previously considered, and it further validates my usual choices of HK (P30L V1.5 and VP40) and Glock (G22 Gen4 and 21 Gen 3) for my field defensive pistols.

I'll go further and infer it also precludes a DA/SA manual safety pistol run with the safety lever in the "off" position, as it can inadvertently be placed "on" with potentially disastrous results in a hasty encounter.

Best, Jon

I have some DA/SA HK USP pistols, but I made the lever decock only and deleted the safety function. I learned this the hard way. Once I bailed out of a vehicle after a porcupine, popped it with the USP with Super, went around a tree to investigate, and when I went to fire again, got no bang. Without realizing it, my years of 1911 experience caused me to put the thumb safety on when moving,, but the thumb safety is enough different than a 1911, I didn’t take it off when I went to fire again. Replace porcupine with grizzly bear, and you could see this would have been bad. Another reason I prefer LEM is, one summer, I didn’t enough dry fire DA with the USP I strained the tendon in my trigger finger.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...Plate/p/214254

SKU#214254
    $6.00

3+4 Detent plate for all USP pistols.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List