Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK45C Tactical

I think lem is the best setup for these. I'll be converting it to lem soon and will probably install the short rest kit from gray guns. If I still feel there is room for improvement I'll just send it to lazy wolf for the full treatment.

Finally got about another 250 rounds downrange last weekend. The trigger is smoothing out pretty nicely and after finally getting the rear site adjusted I was able to get 10 sought groups about the size of a 1/2 dollar at approximately 15 to 20 meters.
    I went head and ordered the light firing pin block spring from lazy wolf and installed it the other day. I do not have a trigger gauge however the trigger pull is lighter, this is especially noticeable in double action. Any stacking that I noticed is gone now. I look forward to getting back to the range and seeing what if any affect this has on my groups.

I was trying to sell a P226 (to offset my recent STI purchase and get more ammo) but instead traded it for a new 2019 HK45CT V7 Light LEM.

During that process I learned some things and figured I would share:

- Most importantly, the V7 is LIGHT LEM. For the longest time the HK45C/HK45CT Variant 7 was a heavy LEM. At some point they switched to light LEM and my BI date code pistol has what amounts to a very nice light LEM.

- The HK45CT frames are made in the US, not sure how long this has been a thing. The barrels are made in Germany. The slide is not marked (but I believe could be under the rear sight in the dovetail). The serial numbers do not match between the frame and barrel. There is a BI date code inside the frame and on the barrel. I don't care about number matching. I like the cheaper prices on these things nowadays and I hear that was due to some of the cost cutting.

- I didn't realize how skinny the grip would be. You can say its not a single stack but its not a double stack either. I have read people call it a 1.5 stack.

- You can get 10rd Elephant Mags for ~$34 at places like at SWFA.com

- I have never liked the sights on the P30L or the USP9T (adjustable Mep NS). This comes with suppressor sights: a night sight front and plain U-Notch rear (adjustable). From my quick handling at the FFL they are exactly what I want. I just need to paint the front blade orange and I am good.

- Sadly, this thing is going to sit because I want to focus on getting rounds through the Staccato P. But once I do shoot, I have an Obsidian 45 to screw on. I have 850 rounds of 45ACP ammo that I have carried around the country since 2006. Once I go through that I will come to a decision point: Sell the HK or buy more 45ACP.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 05-12-2020 at 06:53 PM.

These are truly one of my favorite handguns. They are surely my favorite flavor of .45 ACP handgun except for the fullsize HK45.

I brought this to the range a few times to see whats what. 150 rounds of WWB, no issues, using 4 Elephant Foot mags. I will plan to continue shooting this until my WWB stash is gone, so another 750 rounds to go.

I am very impressed with the bone stock V7 Light LEM trigger. My last USP9T I installed the Hybrid Match LEM and my unreliable memory says the V7 is comparable. I have been trying to go full-reset and not "bump hump" the trigger. Lots to work on and I sometimes prep the trigger on the first round but sometimes do a press from a fully reset position. I will throw some rounds low-ish but in general I have been happy with my LEM progress and my perceived speed with multiple shots.

The gun with and without the Elephant Foot (EF) mags feels very different. When I first got it home, my dry fire regiment did not include having a magazine inserted. BUT the EF bumps against my pinky and maybe affects my recoil control in a positive way?

There is a lot more recoil compared to the Staccato P 9mm (duh) but I am still happy with the cadence of doubles I have been trying.

Again, the stock sights NS front with a plain, wide U-notch rear are great!

This is a picture from the 25 yard freestyle thread, from my first range session. This is a B-3 Target (smaller than B-8) and that high round off the target I don't think was from this group of 10. Eitherway, I think this pistol is probably very accurate in good hands!

Next session I plan to start with this HK45C and try to get a good group at 25 yards.

Glamour shot... and so far zero rounds through Mr Obsidian. I am in the suppressed pistols are silly camp but need to at least try this out.

Just a heads up. Saw on HKPro that Streamlight just released a "TLR-7 SUB" that comes with a 1913 rail that fits the HK45C.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have messed around with the various trigger configurations, and come to the conclusion that light LEM is the best for me in the 45C.
    You and me both...

My HK45 Compact had a 15lb DA trigger pull when it came out of the box...15 friggen pounds. Not only that, the pull was so long that Ron Jeremy must have been on the design team. Moreover, the trigger weight stacked with the pull broke waaay back near the frame. It was almost impossible for me to keep the front sight steady during the entire tigger pull if I had been shooting any other platform for any length of time.

The light LEM made it much, much better. However, I am still significantly faster and more accurate with my G30...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List