Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK45C Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    Got to put 50 rds through it today. It's a VERY soft shooter. The only issue I have it I'm about 4 to 6 inches low and slightly right. I am pretty sure the shooting to the right is me getting used to the gun but throw is odd for me. The rear is adjustable but it does not say which way to turn the adjustment to raise the point of impact. Any help would be appreciated.
    are you driving the dot or shooting off of the edge of the front sight? At least for the VP9s that I bought, I had to drive the dot.....

Not really sure, I'm gonna try and put a few hundred rds through it this weekend

Site Supporter
    I've never shot a HK45 or HK45C. Can you ride the safety like you can on a 1911? Every time I think about getting back into the HK world, I remember how my thumbs-forward grip doesn't work with those big-a$$ slide release levers they use.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I've never shot a HK45 or HK45C. Can you ride the safety like you can on a 1911? Every time I think about getting back into the HK world, I remember how my thumbs-forward grip doesn't work with those big-a$$ slide release levers they use.
    It's a little difficult honestly. I'll be switching mine to lem. On this gun it's the safety leaver that's a bit intrusive not the slide release.
    Last edited by awdxtc; 01-07-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I was issued a USP .45, and later a USPc .45, for many years, and rode the safety just like a 1911. I never had a problem with accidentally de-cocking. YMMV.

I’ve had a couple HK45C’s and did the same thing, though I didn’t shoot them nearly as much as the USP’s.
    Last edited by TC215; 01-07-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I wouldnt worry about decocking the gun, I dont see how it would be possible with two hands on the gun. It would have to be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    I wouldnt worry about decocking the gun, I dont see how it would be possible with two hands on the gun. It would have to be intentional.
    It’s happened to other people while riding the safety lever. Just not me.

I just dont see how but then again everyone's hands and grip are different. I cant force it to decock while holding the gun but then again I'm the one shooting low and right lol

So I put about 150 rds through it today. The shooting to the right was/is my fault completely. The shooting low I think is because of how high the sights are. I forgot a screwdriver to adjust the rear sight but I think a few clicks will bring it up to poa poi. I really focused on trying to improve my trigger control. I was able to get 10 shot groups at approximately 12 to 15 yards that I could cover with my fist. For being well under 500 rounds through the gun I'm pretty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    What’s the reasoning behind the HK45 Compact? On paper, it has a lot of negatives like capacity for a double stack and it’s the about the size of a G19. Not trying to sound antagonistic but I’ve always thought the HK45 line was interesting.
    If you think that's bad, the HK45 is a lot bigger with only a 10 rd capacity. A gun that size should have at least a 15rd capacity, right?

Just poking you a little. The HK45 came about as the result of the military wanting a 45 to replace the Beretta 92 around 2002. They specified 45ACP and the HK45 was the result. A lot of the design input came from Vickers and Hackathorn. The testing was canceled and the program ended.

I'm not sure what nisch the 45c is supposed to fill but the full size pistol is a pretty good duty weapon. I would rather have a compact 9mm for CC.

I have an HK45 and like it.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-14-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List