Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Virgina wants to ban all indoor gun ranges!

Now Virgina wants to ban all indoor gun ranges!

Virgina house bill 567 would ban all indoor gun ranges that reside in a building not owned by the government.

Read more about it here: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-by-the-state/

Virgina democrats really are going full stupid!

Edit: I read the actual bill and the article obmitted some important information. Indoor ranges with less than 50 employees would be exempt from this. They are essentially targeting the big NRA range there.
    Last edited by Warped Mindless; 01-06-2020 at 09:41 PM.

The pols are gonna keep on and make all of Virginia an “outdoor range” of sorts...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Edit: I read the actual bill and the article obmitted some important information. Indoor ranges with less than 50 employees would be exempt from this. They are essentially targeting the big NRA range there.
    Probably affects Elite in Manassas as well.

Chris

Ban All The Things!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I read it as any non govt controlled range with under 50 employees and under 90% LEO users is targeted, and anybody left has to keep a log of users to include the agency the user is associated with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I read it as any non govt controlled range with under 50 employees and under 90% LEO users is targeted, and anybody left has to keep a log of users to include the agency the user is associated with.
    It definitely applies to ranges in buildings with more than 50. Don't miss the "unless" in the text.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    The pols are gonna keep on and make all of Virginia an “outdoor range” of sorts...
    Many have attributed the collapse of our political discourse in the last decade to the internet. People get on Facebook and Twitter and screech at each other in the most bombastic way because there is no real world penalty.

The long list of absurd new proposals in VA seem like a bunch of “F you” proposals rather than well thought out laws from a generation used to being tough in digital anonymity. I keep thinking about the old viral video where the antifa person pepper sprays a guy out of the blue and gets punched in the face. The antifa person then screams and cries, totally shocked that he/she had been responded to and that their was real world accountability for his/her actions.

That seems like a good analogy for what’s happening in VA. I fear we are barreling toward events that will not be good for our country. An easily avoided national tragedy caused by the raging hatred of cowards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    It definitely applies to ranges in buildings with more than 50. Don't miss the "unless" in the text.

Chris
    That is intended to shut down the NRA range in their HQ building in Fairfax, I think....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    That is intended to shut down the NRA range in their HQ building in Fairfax, I think....
    @joshs
    @TCinVA (you hold training classes at NRA, right?)

Most definitely, but it could impact other ranges as well.

This goes beyond guns IMO as it's a direct assault on otherwise legal businesses who are presumably meeting their regulatory and commercial compliance obligations. It's obviously targeted toward an unpopular (to a select few) business entity.

On the Reddit VA Guns sub someone pointed out this could have wide-ranging impact for CCW nationwide as this is the nexus for NRA instructor training, which then filters out to enable training of other instructors and ultimately CCWers...

Chris

It's alarming to see how rabid this progression in Virginia has been. It does not, indeed, bode well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List