Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gen 5 or modded Gen 3/4

New Gen 5 or modded Gen 3/4

Ok going to dip my toe into the Glock waters. Have plenty of 9mm semi’s and a bunch of .357 wheel guns. I do have 1 polymer Walther PPQ, which I like. Was planning on a G45 with Ameriglos. But, I was thinking of spending more and getting something worked over bit. Not full out Gucci Glock but some slide and trigger work.

One criteria is the innards stay close to stock, with the exception of the trigger. I could be wrong but I want to maintain the Glock reliability (MOJO). Wouldn’t mind doing some upgrades myself over time. Looked at all the boutique armorers. Costs aside some of them are over the top in style. I’m thinking maybe sleeper Glock.

I like what Tactical Edge has done with their Warfighter Glocks. Subtle and tasteful changes. But, they are based on Gen 3/4 model,19s. So my question. Do I sacrifice any evolutionary upgrades by buying a modified Gen 3/4, or just buy a G45 and customize to my own tastes? Or, just go and get a 2020 Colt Python, oops wrong thread LOL. Thanks in advance

Leaving aside optic milling, and possibly serrations, most of the Glock stuff you are describing is the equivalent of paying for gold trim. Sometimes worse than gold trim, since it goes beyond the cosmetic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'd get a G5 Glock and a two day pistol class.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'd get a G5 Glock and a two day pistol class.

This your answer DO IT! .

I would be very happy if instead of buying and heavily customizing a close to "perfect Gen 5", you bought one of these and gave us a 1000 round range report!

All the custom you want and you don't destroy the value of the pistol and possibly it's reliability.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/OZ9-C...e-Black-Barrel
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I would be very happy if instead of buying and heavily customizing a close to "perfect Gen 5", you bought one of these and gave us a 1000 round range report!

All the custom you want and you don't destroy the value of the pistol and possibly it's reliability.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/OZ9-C...e-Black-Barrel
    Lol, or I could buy the G45 and give you guys a 4,164 round report (based on my last 1k round purchase)

Buy a Gen5 and put a decent set of sights on it and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Buy a Gen5 and put a decent set of sights on it and call it a day.
    Plus this, of course. https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/pr...control-device
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by jmr986 View Post
    Lol, or I could buy the G45 and give you guys a 4,164 round report (based on my last 1k round purchase)
    Nooooo! We have scads of 45 feedback! Figure the spend on buying and tricking out the G45, then the loss on it's resale - street price on the Zev shouldn't be more than . . . what $1200 maybe?

G45 is great and I like mine very much. Gen 5's are the better mousetrap. However, my RTF2 17, 19 and now 22 are my favorites for shooting. I think I like the Gen 3 trigger with a minus connector better. However I wouldn't argue they are all around superior for anyone else.

Whatever you do, it'll be fun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Nooooo! We have scads of 45 feedback! Figure the spend on buying and tricking out the G45, then the loss on it's resale - street price on the Zev shouldn't be more than . . . what $1200 maybe?

G45 is great and I like mine very much. Gen 5's are the better mousetrap. However, my RTF2 17, 19 and now 22 are my favorites for shooting. I think I like the Gen 3 trigger with a minus connector better. However I wouldn't argue they are all around superior for anyone else.

Whatever you do, it'll be fun.

What you need is a second G17 RTF 2. lol

I like mine but I don’t need it.

User Tag List