Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?

Strong contender right now. Main downside appears to be inability to sit on toilet with door shut, but that may not really be an issue. Also, would prefer to have it built on the Transit, but... also, unsure of the AC situation.

However, the attic could come in real handy either if only the kids are sleeping in the van (one up, one down) or if for some reason all four of us were forced to sleep inside.

https://winnebago.com/models/product.../class-b/solis

Name:  F341EC0B-F59F-4EAC-B8D8-C0C974275C78.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  E9142FE2-BDD0-425F-B3EC-A8A1BAA91A9A.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  A421B420-2376-4ADA-A5CC-B1DCAA7A9B09.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  34.9 KB

Hypo question: Say that one located a possible sale in another state (oh, I don't know, say Texas). Say one travelled to that state, and bought the vehicle.

Then say, one wanted to bring it back to one's home (again, for this hypothetical, say Florida): Would it be better to drive without the plate after purchase on the way home, or if one had say, a previous FL plate in their possession, that one intended to put on this vehicle, would one be better off just mounting that plate?

It would seem to me one would attract less attention, going down the road, to have a plate "of some kind" on one's car, as opposed to say, no plate at all.

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hypo question: Say that one located a possible sale in another state (oh, I don't know, say Texas). Say one travelled to that state, and bought the vehicle.

Then say, one wanted to bring it back to one's home (again, for this hypothetical, say Florida): Would it be better to drive without the plate after purchase on the way home, or if one had say, a previous FL plate in their possession, that one intended to put on this vehicle, would one be better off just mounting that plate?

It would seem to me one would attract less attention, going down the road, to have a plate "of some kind" on one's car, as opposed to say, no plate at all.

Asking for a friend.
    None of those choices seem good, how about this:

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/regi...porary-permits
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Asking for a friend.
    Does the tag go with the vehicle or the person in Tx?

In Florida it goes with the person but I've been led to believe that in other states it goes with the vehicle? If that's the case I'd think you could just leave their tag on, "mea culpa" your way home, and then get it registered here.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    None of those choices seem good, how about this:

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/regi...porary-permits
    Tracking. I literally just found that option searching just now.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Does the tag go with the vehicle or the person in Tx?

In Florida it goes with the person but I've been led to believe that in other states it goes with the vehicle? If that's the case I'd think you could just leave their tag on, "mea culpa" your way home, and then get it registered here.
    I'll defer to the Texans here. I can't quite tell. This commercial site kind of indicates you take them off prior to a sale in TX:

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/buy-sel...ling-a-car.php

"Transferring License Plates after a Sale

Remember to remove the license plates from the vehicle before you hand the keys over to the new owner. You can transfer them to a different vehicle you own at your local county tax assessor-collector's office."

This simply is not true.
    I agree fully with this. A black tank is extremely easy to maintain and is very easy to use as long as you know what to do with it. Also most state parks will let you dump if you have park passes.

Even you are at a full hookup you leave the valve closed and let the tank fill up. It will help with build pressure for the release. They make tablets and all sorts of stuff to put in your tank for smells and bacteria etc. When you flush with tp run the water longer to help push it down/liquidize it. Try and get the tank closer to 3/4-full before draining. You can also get a pup tank to empty the black tank in and take it to your septic and dump.

Sorry idk why I just gave that much info about shit tanks.... Sprinter van campers are badass, yay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okey dokey, I will fess up: Mrs. RJ and I have located a used MBZ-based Class B we like in Corpus Christi TX. We are headed there Wednesday to take a look and if all is ok, do the deal and drive back to Tampa.

Will post pics if it works out.

@Chuck Whitlock
    Last edited by RJ; 06-01-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Mrs. RJ and I have located a used MBZ-based Class B we like in Corpus Christi TX. We are headed there Wednesday to take a look and if all is ok, do the deal and drive back to Tampa.
    Get the 30day temp tag and take your time, probably a lotta good fish camp restaurants along the way:
    Name:  TakeYourTime.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  33.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    . . . take your time, probably a lotta good fish camp restaurants along the way . . .
    Really good advice.

Rich, about 6-8 years ago, my wife and I drove out (from NC) to visit friends in the Hill Country near Burnet, TX. Traveled more/less parallel to the coast most of the way.

Stopped at a really good fish camp for lunch one day. Wish I could remember which town, or even state, it was in.

Let me know if I can be of any more "help" . . .

User Tag List