Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?

Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post
    The only downside is it’s $700 price tag
    When you figure the overall potential pricetag of this endeavor, that's nothing!

Emergency restroom: These plus a little privacy. https://www.amazon.com/Cleanwaste-Go...8436152&sr=8-3 https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Prod...8436244&sr=8-8

I got to drive a Ford configured for 13 passengers and was prepared to hate it. I actually like it. Drove well at highway speed, comfortable, and the mileage surprised me.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Rob quick comment might look into ‘cassette toilets’. Discussion on some of my RV Forums this was mentioned. I’m not familiar and can’t do more than suggest it as a google search.

Sprinter/Camper-Van Owners?

I’m sorry but reading this thread it’s clear many seem to be unfamiliar with RV bathroom facilities.

There is a lot of misinformation being posted (based on a quick scan; no insult intended, and I could be wrong).

Rob if you are interested, when I get to a keyboard I can try and outline the typical Class B RV conversion van facilities, they are all essentially the same and use the same supplier in the industry (Dometic). At least then you can have a frame of reference.

One other ask: what is your rough budget for this vehicle?

A used Chevy-van based Class B may be much more affordable than a Sprinter. And use regular gasoline. And park in a regular parking space. And have literally every feature of a Class A motor home.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-07-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post

Black water tanks are a hassle. Let it sit too long and it will get caked with crap, don’t let it brew long enough and it will get caked with crap. You need sewage hookup or you’re going to be dumping in buckets and hauling it to a toilet. If you don’t like melt in your fingers RV toilet paper, you should be disposing of regular TP in a trash can. Also the rubber floor seals are wear items and need to be replaced every year or two. If you use it enough that you’re filling it every 7-28 days, it might be worth the hassle.
    This simply is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A sealed bucket would be a lot more cost effective. Most people with a Sprinter are prob peeing in a bucket.
    Not my experience, not at least in all of the Class B RVs (Airstream, LTV, Great West, Roadtrek, etc) we came across in our extended travel.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Going to the “bathroom” in smaller than airliner sized aircraft, and class B RVs is much better in concept than reality.
    Disagree strongly.

Class B RV bathrooms are very space efficient. Granted if you are a very large person (for which read fat ) ) then it may be a challenge.

Class B converters recognize this and design fairly innovative door arrangements to share cabin space while the loo is ah occupied as it were. Having to use it day in day out for months at a time it’s quite manageable.

Site Supporter
    I have been looking for new Cargo vans for business use - Ram ProMaster, Ford Transit, MB Sprinter. I was surprised to see the difference in insurance costs between these three different vans. Suggest you get insurance quotes to compare between the three. For cargo - it was Sprinter cheapest, then Ford, with RAM most expensive. No, I do not know why.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have been looking for new Cargo vans for business use - Ram ProMaster, Ford Transit, MB Sprinter. I was surprised to see the difference in insurance costs between these three different vans. Suggest you get insurance quotes to compare between the three. For cargo - it was Sprinter cheapest, then Ford, with RAM most expensive. No, I do not know why.
    Speculation, but it may partly be related to the fact that from 2019 Sprinter production will be in S.C. MBZ spent mucho $ (several hundred Million IIRC) to build their new facility. It’s where all those spiffy little new Amazon vans came from.

The RAM is a rebadged Fiat Ducato van I believe. Dunno where the Ford’s are made.

What about just building out a smaller box truck? Is the size difference really that much of a hinderance?

It'd make it easier to insulate and build yourself, as well, if you want a project.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List