Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?

We decided to hit up our local La Mesa dealer this last weekend. The first thing the sales guy tells us is “we usually have 400 total rigs in the lot. Today we have 80”. We tell him we are on,y interested in class b. He tells us he has three. One sold while we were there.

Pleasureway is sending them new vans in September. They are all already pre-sold.

I told the guy I’d wait a year and get a used one at a crazy discount.

I’m back to looking at buying a Transit and sticking a shitter in the back. Wife is scouring RVTrader.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I told the guy I’d wait a year and get a used one at a crazy discount.

I’m back to looking at buying a Transit and sticking a shitter in the back. Wife is scouring RVTrader.
    We're done looking for the season as well (well, I am, Mrs. RJ is still tinkering with an Airstream configuration yikes). Tampa RV show in January is probably our next real look see; I'm interested to see the ProAir DC A/C unit run (may look at a Coachmen 22C at some point this fall.)

I’m back to looking at buying a Transit and sticking a shitter in the back.
    I have been spending some more time in my wife's shop van and am becoming more intrigued with some kind of Adventure Van setup. It is the longer wheelbase but not extended box and since you are sitting over the front wheels it is a lot more parking lot maneuverable than my F-150 (163" WB). I do not like the steering wheel orientation but I am sure that would pass soon enough.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    These things are kinda like the Raptor (and Rattler, for that matter) wherein I *wish* I had a use or a need for one but I would feel pretty stupid sitting in the campground at Fort Wilderness with my wife and two little girls in my badass $300k 4x4 camper van with no shitter. (or taking the Raptor to Publix, or the Rattler to my suburban family reunion in a backpack...)

I'm just nowhere near badass enough for all the shit I wish I needed.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    I am an active boater on a lake north of Atlanta. Boat market is crazy - several of my friends sold their boats for top dollar to upgrade only to realize no bigger boats available. Jet skis selling like candy. RVs of all types are similar. No overseas travel, restrictions at Disney - etc.; people seem to be taking their "vacation" money and buying recreational items for use closer to home.

These things are kinda like the Raptor (and Rattler, for that matter) wherein I *wish* I had a use or a need for one but I would feel pretty stupid sitting in the campground at Fort Wilderness with my wife and two little girls in my badass $300k 4x4 camper van with no shitter. (or taking the Raptor to Publix, or the Rattler to my suburban family reunion in a backpack...)

I'm just nowhere near badass enough for all the shit I wish I needed.
    Beast Mode is like a Rattler in a 21L GR1.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like the availability issue has the wife looking all over the country. She's found a few of these "in stock", albeit a couple of years old, so we might be considering the RAM afterall.

https://pleasureway.com/models/lexor-ts/

put a deposit down on a Pleasure Way Lexor TS. It's pretty much "loaded" and includes 285 W of solar.

I'm still concerned with the limited towing capacity of only 2,100 lbs. Our golf cart alone is probably ~1k lbs but our trailer is a pretty lightweight aluminum job, so without actually weighing everything I'm guessing we're at ~1,500 lbs.

Even if we step up to an On-Tour, that still only gets is 2,200 towing capacity (at least until they start building them on the ecoboost Transits).

Not sure if all of this means I'm limited to the Sprinter options?

The good news is that there appears to be small tear-drop trailers in the 600 lbs range that don't include much other than beds and an AC so we'd at least be able to tow a "kid's bedroom" on short trips if we wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I thought you mentioned your girls expressing some initial interest in shooting Clays.
    They come along and act as scorer and trapper for now. Every outing they are offered the opportunity to try and so far they both continue to decline.

But our towing would likely be something along the lines of taking the van up to a sporting clays range 1-2 hours away towing the cart, shoot a round or two, using the van as a kind of tailgating setup more so than camping.

User Tag List