Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Somebody totally needs to make an updated version of the Winnebago Rialta on a mid-roof Transit!

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...2QD-5018314391
    Dude.

Name:  c9eb7c5ea7ed9295235436bfb7f57cc3.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  57.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    These figures are Transit Storyteller Mode vs Sprinter diesel Storyteller Mode, from someone who just drove both cross country, so pretty close to apples to apples, or at least Mode to Mode. The Transit based Mode was also much more effected by crosswinds, and couldn’t keep up with the MB Mode in windy conditions. We did one fast six hour trip in the Sprinter, trying to make dinner at YVK’s house, and 85-90 mph really clobbers the diesel Sprinter’s gas mileage.

I have no idea what the gas mileage is with other configurations.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Dude.

Name:  c9eb7c5ea7ed9295235436bfb7f57cc3.jpg
Size:  57.1 KB
    ha!

Too long though!

I had really high hopes for the Winnebago Ekko, but it sounds like it's plagued with problems that I'd like them to figure out on their dime not mine. Showers won't drain, solar controllers not working, various other gremlins and shitty Winnie workmanship...

At least if I buy a Thor I'll EXPECT the workmanship to be shitty!

Name:  2021-11-11 10_58_34-Winnebago EKKO _ Off-Grid Class C RV Motorhome.jpg
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  2021-11-11 10_58_45-Winnebago EKKO _ Off-Grid Class C RV Motorhome.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  58.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    having a hard time squaring these two comments...

knowing a little bit about the Mode, I would say the below is a far more apples:apples
    My source is the lead production exec at STO, who was a main part of the development team of the Sprinter Modes and now the Transit Mode. He just got back from traveling as a convoy of four, including the new Transit from Birmingham to Flagstaff and back to Birmingham. I didn't give him a lie detector test, or calibrate anything, since I have known him a few years and he is a solid guy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This is pretty much exactly what I want in an “activity van” and daily driver/mobile office, just more “rugged” and less “posh”. Layout wise, this is perfect.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Sportsmobile also has their own online builder. Pretty neat.
    https://sportsmobile.com/planning-and-ordering/

Name:  BED27775-457D-4066-B2CB-EAC923ADFA94.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  91.2 KB

We visited the Tampa RV Supershow this past week. Wow, it was incredibly busy. Looks like the market is roaring back, judging from the prices.

We saw a couple interesting things. One was this multi-role stand up mesh canopy, made by a company called Kuma I think it was. Very cool.

Name:  IMG_0381.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  100.5 KB

The other item was a collapsible ladder, lashed to the inside of a Pleasureway (I think) Class B van:

Name:  IMG_0376.jpg
Size:  47.8 KB

I didn't catch the maker, but it looked very useful, as opposed to what I am currently using (a 5' lightweight A-frame fold out). @rob_s have you ever seen something like this?

My favorite RV channel, Matt’s rv reviews, is sponsored by that ladder company. I’ve never seen one in person but I think they look awesome.

I’ve also seen those screen rooms and would love to have one. I think they sell solid side panels you can attach as well, either to add privacy or to strategically shield winds/sun. Not really “class b compatible” but if Winnebago can un-fuck the Ekko, or we can find a pother small c, we might have some more space soon(tm).

We survived a big squall at Gamble Rogers a few months ago, that destroyed our camping friends shanty town (I’ll have to look for that video), and I saw a couple of those shelters that seemed no worse the wear.

Speaking of small C campers, check this thing out (from my 2nd favorite RV channel)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

The other item was a collapsible ladder, lashed to the inside of a Pleasureway (I think) Class B van:

Name:  IMG_0376.jpg
Size:  47.8 KB

I didn't catch the maker, but it looked very useful, as opposed to what I am currently using (a 5' lightweight A-frame fold out). @rob_s have you ever seen something like this?
    Those ladders have been marketed for tactical use for years. My agency had a couple but I don’t remember using one myself. I’ve seen a YouTube video about a ladder that collapses and fits I think in the four inch square tubular rear bumper on a camper trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Those ladders have been marketed for tactical use for years. My agency had a couple but I don’t remember using one myself. I’ve seen a YouTube video about a ladder that collapses and fits I think in the four inch square tubular rear bumper on a camper trailer.
    Thanks, did some digging based on the name plate I can make out, I came up with this:

https://telestepsladders.com/

User Tag List