Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    @RJ and @GJM I hope that you and any others that own Class Bs or similar continue to post in this thread.

on that note, @littelebowski or @Nephrology could we edit the thread title to add the bit in red so that it says "Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?
    Didn't look like the BBcode parsed the color in the title when I gave that a try, but I did change the text. Maybe a shittier mod than I can figure the color part out .

@RJ and @GJM I hope that you and any others that own Class Bs or similar continue to post in this thread.

on that note, @littelebowski or @Nephrology could we edit the thread title to add the bit in red so that it says "Sprinter/Camper-Van/Class-B RV Owners?
    We are driving in the Storyteller Overland Mode right now, headed to three days of matches, hiking and fun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Didn't look like the BBcode parsed the color in the title when I gave that a try, but I did change the text. Maybe a shittier mod than I can figure the color part out .
    haha no the color was just meant to indicate the change I wanted made. Thanks! You're doing shitty! (which means good, right?)

I really would like to have a Transit-based Class B rather than Dodge or Mercedes, but I may wind up with one of the latter anyway.

This one is Transit-based, but is pushing it for overall height.

MSRP$126,555 USD
    Length (bumper to bumper) 19' 8"
    Exterior Height (Inc. A/C) 10'
    https://pleasureway.com/models/ontour20/

I'm liking the overall reduced height (and price) of this guy as it will likely fit in my workshop (10ft rollup doors) while the Ontour is listed at 10ft high which would present issues. The slightly lower price is attractive as well.
    https://pleasureway.com/models/lexor-ts/
    MSRP$118,170 USD
    Length (bumper to bumper) 20' 11"
    Exterior Height (Inc. A/C) 9' 3.5"

I'm also liking the idea of this guy due to the overall shorter length and height, but not so much the higher price
    https://pleasureway.com/models/ascen...specifications
    MSRP $140,855
    Length (bumper to bumper) 19' 5"
    Exterior Height (Inc. A/C) 9' 7"

Site Supporter
    I'm liking the overall reduced height (and price) of this guy as it will likely fit in my workshop (10ft rollup doors) while the Ontour is listed at 10ft high which would present issues.
    Hey rob, you don't have the overhead room to cut in and add another panel to your door, do you? I've got this same issue with 10' doors at my shop which is forcing me to custom-build the entire rear end of my big truck to low-mount a 5K Autocrane so it'll clear the door. I don't have the room to go to 12' myself.

10' doors are the bane to my existence. Seems like every piece of equipment I own either won't, or will just barely go under my shop doors, in one case meaning forks sliding on the concrete and mast tilted all the way forward.

ETA, I missed you said you had roll-up doors. Same difference, though....can you go to a 12'? Or maybe cheat the roll-up assy up an extra few inches...just enough to clear what you need to? Idk how much extra paneling is in those doors beyond exactly 10'?

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Hey rob, you don't have the overhead room to cut in and add another panel to your door, do you? I've got this same issue with 10' doors at my shop which is forcing me to custom-build the entire rear end of my big truck to low-mount a 5K Autocrane so it'll clear the door. I don't have the room to go to 12' myself.

10' doors are the bane to my existence. Seems like every piece of equipment I own either won't, or will just barely go under my shop doors, in one case meaning forks sliding on the concrete and mast tilted all the way forward.

ETA, I missed you said you had roll-up doors. Same difference, though....can you go to a 12'? Or maybe cheat the roll-up assy up an extra few inches...just enough to clear what you need to? Idk how much extra paneling is in those doors beyond exactly 10'?
    no, I don't. Well, I do but I don't. The ceiling above the rollup is 16ft and slopes up to 18ft inside the shop. and the rollup is completely raised above the door lintel at the top already, so it's the masonry that limits the opening height.

I mean, yes I *could* have a mason come out, cut it all out, pour back a new lintel, buy a new rollup... but that's too much involved for just parking the RV.

getting a better sense of the market and our situation and use has me also narrowing down our list of necessities (even though not all of this is mandatory)

1. four forward-facing seats with belts (5 is better)
    2. 20ft or less OAL
    3. under 10ft high (current storage area has max 10ft clear at door)
    4. sleeps 2 (4 is better but not required)
    5. has toilet and shower (don't need sink in toilet)
    6. has "kitchen" (sink, burner, 'fridge at least, micro nice to have)
    7. air conditioning for sleeping

Site Supporter
    Those looking at Class Bs - do you plan on towing a vehicle to run around in once at location?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Those looking at Class Bs - do you plan on towing a vehicle to run around in once at location?
    wife and I talk about that a lot. For us, adding a bike-rack to at least bring bikes for 4 would be one option. We also plan to tow our aluminum trailer with golf cart to certain locales. Otherwise, we're assuming that we'd be breaking down and setting up camp every day, unless we're at a pay campsite where we can set up the tent for the kids and other junk to "stake our claim" to the site. My past experience with campsites like KOA or even state parks is that you're fine to leave your tent and chairs, but shouldn't leave a bunch of expensive stuff laying around.

as electric bikes and the like get more accessible, and if it was just wife and I and depending on where we were going, that's an option I'm thinking about too.

Something like this
    RHINO Electric Fat Bike

or this guy
    RadWagon 4 Electric Cargo Bike

or this bad boy
    Segway Dirt eBike X160

Just to report the unit we looked at today in TX fell short of our expectations, so we are flying back to TPA tonight. Back to the search.

User Tag List