Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A pair and a spare: all identical?

I have two virtually identical P-07s with ProGrade kits installed. One is for CCW, and the other is for practice--live and dry. I'll probably pick up a spare sometime, but meanwhile I have enough spare parts to maintain mine.

I also have a bunch of Gen4 9mm Glocks and spare parts for them.

I don't have spares or full parts kits for niche guns that I only carry occasionally: G43, G20, LCP, LCR.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've typically had a carry G19, and at least two "house" G19s. They are set up mildly differently, but nothing significant. If for some reason a house 19 had to become the carry 19 I don't foresee any issues. In the past I've also had a "game" 19 but I'm planning on a "game" 34 soon-ish instead. Did a similar mix of 1911s when I was into those.

Like others said, with a Glock or a 1911 I've never been overly concerned with identical backups. If I was shooting something else where there was either more significant difference between the mid-mini-game versions, or if there simply was no availability at all of a model that fits one of those categories, I might change my approach. The reason I don't currently have a "game" G19 is that my last game gun was a CZ and when I sold the CZ and moved, the previously "game" 19 became a "house" 19 because I wanted two, and I sold the CZ.

Site Supporter
    I have several double stack 9mm Glocks. My two 19.5 pistols are near duplicates (one for practice and one for carry). I have a 26.3 for sometimes carry and a 17.2 and 17.4 for house pistols. I am working on standardizing to a single type of sights, but I'm not completely sure what that will be yet. All triggers are Glock factory triggers with regular or dot connectors, so at least that is the close to the same. At some point, I would like to add another 19.5, but since all of my pistols are well vetted and I have holsters for all of them, getting one is a relatively low priority. I think a G45 or G44 would be more interesting given the pistols I already have.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I had three Gen 3 Glocks, two 19s and a 26. I sold one 19. I have three series 75 CZs with same setup. I have two Shields. This type planning is more important now than ever before. Soon access and supply may change. Glock simplicity makes a lot of sense. So does Ruger's revolver line.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I have two identical 17Ms. The one pistol I have the most copies of is the P220, and they are all slightly different. Usually just sights and/or rollmarks and cosmetics. Oh, one doesn't have G-10 grips.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My three P30 are all set up the same with the exception of sights as one of them has the HK factory night sights. With my current Glocks, I have a 19.3, a 26.3, a 17.3, and a 17.3 cut down to take 26 magazines. All have grip reductions, the same action (OEM with smooth triggers) components, and slightly differing sights.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have two identical 17Ms.
    Are you issued two, or did you buy a personal gun as well?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I have several 19's & 17's. The biggest difference is some have RMR's and some don't, other than that they're about the same besides sights. Minus connectors and SP00357 smooth triggers in all of them.

If I had a dedicated "gamer" I may switch it up. That stuff has its place, for sure. Just not in anything I carry.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have pairs of the guns I carry (G19, G26, G43). Set up basically identically with only minor differences. One is vetted and kept loaded, the other is used at the range.

identical, except for the stippling on my 17s. Two each 19 and 17, one 26, one 43.

User Tag List