Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A pair and a spare: all identical?

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    You are getting some skewing by asking that question here.

The 90 guys that have duplicates of their carry gun are going to respond. The other 24,910 members here that don't have identical back up guns aren't responding.
    I know, that's why I gave the option of having 3 identical or 3 very to somewhat similar. Those 2 options should cover most of the membership. Not everyone wants (or can afford) 3 identical pistols but would be happy with 3 that are sort of like each other (within reason).
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I don't own pistols that are identical but they are set up pretty closely. Each has unique characteristics but same trigger pull and manual of operations: a Springfield TRP with ambi thumb safety, tritium front and 10-8 performance rear as carry gun. Wilson cqb as immediate replacement if the TRP goes down during occasional function check. And then Springfield professional and Baer custom carry. Cqb,pro,cc are all squared away but are all designated training/competition/dry fire guns.

I also have a trio of P30 variants... the L, sk, and standard model. All have V1 lem; p30L has a lazy wolf reduced reset package. I seemed to have carried and shot the P30 standard more than the others. Sometimes I get the hankering to switch back out of laziness (of not wanting to spend so much time handloading 45) and ease of carry (plastic feels way lighter than a hunk of metal on a typical 14 hour day for me. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I also have a trio of P30 variants... the L, sk, and standard model.
    How different does the SK feel from the standard? I've got a teeny hankering for an SK to go with my full size but I don't know if I want to have to stock up on 2 kinds of HK mags or not.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    How different does the SK feel from the standard? I've got a teeny hankering for an SK to go with my full size but I don't know if I want to have to stock up on 2 kinds of HK mags or not.
    With a 13 round mag in the SK, they are very similar. I have not shot my SK very much, but I like it. The DA pull is much heavier than my full size though and also seems to stack more near the end of the pull. I think the trick to buying HKs is to wait until after a factory shipment of the specific model you want. Prices seem to drop then.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

If you are asking about how the trigger feels, I only have about 1K through the sk vs. over 6,000 and tons of dry fire through the standard model. So the trigger feels new. I have one magazine with a pinky extension on it, otherwise I run the gun with a standard 10 round mag. The reduction in grip size, to me, makes me slow down quite a bit, especially for long range shots. But I got it for those times where I don't even want to risk a hint of printing... npe and all that. Recoil is snappy due to smaller size as well.

The gun is worth it for the reasons I bought it for.

To me it's manual of arms first, then worry about set up. Remember if you do shoot someone, depending on where you live you may never see that gun again. So, now your best friend is gone, what takes it's place?

Manual of arms is important. I knew a guy who was a revolver man. He fumbled the 1911 safety at a bad time. He later died of the wounds sustained in that fight.

Cat

Well, carp... guess I need another couple of 1911s after all!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

PM if you want to shoot both. I regularly shoot at Dallas Pistol Club.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Well, carp... guess I need another couple of 1911s after all!
    There can be no doubt. Everyone should have three or four or fourteen.

Just realized this - in addition to the three "shoots real bullets 1911s" I have, I also have a 1911 airsoft gun I use for practice in the house/dryfire/holster work/etc.

Currently on the list for this year: Rimfire Trainer, Alchemy Custom Weaponry Brimstone, and possibly a dedicated gun for Cool Fire Training system + Mantis X.

User Tag List