Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mean Gene Leather 'Victory Aegis"sd Belt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Have you used one? Low profile is the last way I would describe the Aegis buckle.
    Oh no, just based on it's look compared to the leather belt I wear.
    --Jason--

I use one for my dress belt. It's actually not that stiff, especially compared to my other MGL "shooter's belt". It's a very nice belt.

My boss bought one, based on my recommendation. It's very spiffy and dressy enough for our workplace - suits, ties, etc.

I've got 2, one I've been wearing since 2015. I love them, I'll never buy any other leather belts as long and Gene is making these. They're quality items and hold up very well. The buckle is thick but it doesn't really bother me personally. I use it for AIWB but I carry at about the 12:30 or 1:00 so it doesn't present any issues for me. Gene has great customer service and is a genuinely nice guy as well. If you decide to try one, buy with confidence.

Gene is a friend and comes through my buddies shop regularly. I've been using his belts since they originally came out and have not found a leather belt I like better. Pretty much the only belts I wear in civvies anymore...

The buckles are not low profile and you have to either offset the belt buckle for aiwb or slightly offset your holster....Since I don't really ever tuck shirts in except in uniform I just offset the buckle slightly to the left.

One of my post deployment presents to myself is one of his holsters and several of the mag pouches so that I can have a anti tactical gun belt for those days I feel like not Timmying it up at the range.

I have hung full assaulter loads off of these belts before as well and not had them stretch on me. Pistol holster, several pistol mags , rifle mag, dumper, TQ, small IFAK, bang pouch, chemlight bundle.... No issues holding it up and much lower profile that the full on inner outer tac belts...

I have worn one of his belts (w/ normal buckle) every day for just over three years now. Love it, and recommend it.

I have an irrational desire for a leather belt but I've given up on anything that isn't infinitely adjustable so I've wanted one of these for ages, but the size of the buckle keeps me away.

I've previously used one of the Ares Aegis belts and the buckle is quite bulky. It protrudes outward a lot more than you would expect from photos, and the width made it very difficult for me to carry my AIWB holster, AIWB spare mag, and centerline clinch pick without having to offset the buckle, which I'm not a fan of.

The Mean Gene version would make this problem even worse since it adds an additional loop near the buckle that isn't present on the Ares version which would take up even more real estate up front.

If you don't carry appendix, or just aren't trying to squeeze as much stuff up there as I am then I would imagine it would be an awesome option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I use one for my dress belt. It's actually not that stiff, especially compared to my other MGL "shooter's belt". It's a very nice belt.
    Do you have the regular or stiffened version?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

They are pretty much all I wear these days. I have three and will likely get one more in another color. My absolute favorite belt. I use a Foundation belt with super lightweight shorts and an Airweight J frame and I use the Ares for the range. For daily wear, it’s the Mean Gene.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Anybody out there using these? Upon review it would appear that this belt both solves the issue of infinite adjustability (lack thereof) for leather belts with punched holes for the pin to secure to. Simultaneously gets on the Aegis buckle in a belt that is not some types of webbing material. The Aegis seems like a nice design, though I have no experience... please share your thoughts!

https://www.meangeneleather.com/shop...ry-aegis-belt/

https://www.meangeneleather.com/wp-c...istressed2.jpg
    I have bounced back and forth about getting one a few times. I have another nylon belt that was issued with the Aegis buckle which I like, but I can't wear nylon in my daily costume.

My current rotation is a pair of belts from here: http://www.abetterbeltusa.com/the-ultimate-gun-belt/ . They are really solid, and I have no complaints, but he does not offer the Aegis buckle as an option.

User Tag List