Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aimpoint Mounting Solution for Benelli SBE3

My personal experience with astigmatism and corrective lenses tells me I see a better dot the larger it is.

I can see a much better defined edge on a 4 MOA Aimpoint dot compared to a 2 MOA Aimpoint or Holosun at similar intensity.

As with anything to do with eyesight, your mileage will most definitely vary.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-07-2020 at 08:47 AM.

I think the desire for small moa red dots came from folks shooting the Aimpoint on a rifle at longer distances, and when the T1 became available in 2 moa, we thought that was a good thing. On pistols, unless you are trying to shoot 100 yards and further, I think a larger dot size is an advantage as:

1) a larger dot seems less wiggly

2) the larger dot is easier to pick up quickly when drawing or transitioning

3) the larger dot allows you to run it at a lower intensity, unlike smaller dots that you need to bloom

While there are exceptions, the vast majority of skilled competitors at USPSA matches are using a 5 or 6 moa dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have had corrective lenses and surgery and while that did improve the comma dot on T1s the T2 is a much more defined dot.

I have also considered the magnified route but I think I just want to stick with the red dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the desire for small moa red dots came from folks shooting the Aimpoint on a rifle at longer distances, and when the T1 became available in 2 moa, we thought that was a good thing. On pistols, unless you are trying to shoot 100 yards and further, I think a larger dot size is an advantage as:

1) a larger dot seems less wiggly

2) the larger dot is easier to pick up quickly when drawing or transitioning

3) the larger dot allows you to run it at a lower intensity, unlike smaller dots that you need to bloom

While there are exceptions, the vast majority of skilled competitors at USPSA matches are using a 5 or 6 moa dot.
    This all makes sense for dynamic pistol/rifle but turkeys are more like rifle hunting at short distances. It seems like the 2 moa dot would be more preferable in this application?

User Tag List