Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for airsoft pistol - force on force training

Recommendations for airsoft pistol - force on force training

So I'm going to be doing a couple of force on force classes this spring. Anybody have a recommendation for a green gas airsoft pistol that shoots the 6mm plastic BB's?

I'd prefer something that fits in either a Glock or Beretta holster, since I already have plenty of those.

Thanks.

IIRC, Umarex is making licensed Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    IIRC, Umarex is making licensed Glocks.
    I bought one of the green gas glocks to teach my kids safety with. It’s a cool little toy and works well so far at about 6K rounds (literally round ). All of my holiday company, adults included, had a lot of fun shooting up the targets in my basement and BB gun plate rack I bought for $15.

OP- one issue is that it doesn’t fit in any of my holsters for some reason. The trigger guard is a little wide.

What classes are you taking? I’d love to get some well proctored force on force runs.

Site Supporter
    Since you are in TX, Serious - ask Karl at KRtraining.com. He does a lot of airsoft FOF. I did some with him and he had recommendations for models, which of course, I have no idea of now. I'm sure he tell you.

Site Supporter
    I have the Umarex Glock 19. It fits my DSG AIWB holster. I did have to cut a hole in the bottom for the orange barrel extension to pass through though. It has no effect on normal use of the holster.

Chris

I know next to nothing about airsoft, but for those who have had experience, are any able to replicate the trigger pull of the firearms which they simulate?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    So I'm going to be doing a couple of force on force classes this spring. Anybody have a recommendation for a green gas airsoft pistol that shoots the 6mm plastic BB's?

I'd prefer something that fits in either a Glock or Beretta holster, since I already have plenty of those.

Thanks.
    I looked at Umarex M9 clones as part of a recoil enabled dry fire setup. Rejected them because as best I can tell you can’t reverse the mag release, but I’d be moderately tempted if I were right handed.

Sounds like Umarex is a good candidate, I appreciate the input.

I'll also touch base with Karl, and see if he has a fave as well. Some of his trainers are friends of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post

What classes are you taking? I’d love to get some well proctored force on force runs.
    Palisades Training Group. Run by some friends, and they are local to me. Conveniently listed on FirearmsTrainingHub, run by David S.

I'm also going to try and fit in a Shivworks AMIS class this year. I have tried to do that three times, and work interfered each time. With my new gig, that is becoming less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I'm also going to try and fit in a Shivworks AMIS class this year. I have tried to do that three times, and work interfered each time. With my new gig, that is becoming less of an issue.
    Thanks. I’m also waiting for an AMIS to make this years schedule. I should have done it in Pittsburgh. I will travel for that one no matter where it is at this point

User Tag List