Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Be a gun cleaning hipster

A big thanks to this thread (I didn't even realize it was in the revolver section). I have started to wipe my feed ramp off after each range session and am astonished at how easily it cleans off. This will be my new practice for my training/match gun - since I don't clean it so much.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Yep, even the soot around the forcing cone brushed right off.

Keep my most commonly used bore brushes, Nonadnock D-Jammer, and a toothbrush in my range bag. Chambers, star, barrel, cylinder face, recoil plate get brushed immediately after shooting. Quickly wipe the cylinder flutes, as well. Gunk in the exterior cylinder fltes and frame corners stays until it cakes enough to offend me. Then fets scraped off with solvent.

Autos get locked open to brush the barrel, feedramp, breach face, under the exctractor once home. Try to wipe down the muzzle end of the slide and dustcover at the range but will do it at home if I forgot. Only re-lubed every couple range trips or sooner if the specimen has shown to need it.

My routine is probably as much because I can't abide getting fouling on my hand when picking up a gun oitside the range as keeping things functional. Except the wheelguns, those are all avout preventing stubborn buildup in critical nooks and crannies.

I have this mental picture of a "gun cleaning hipster" as somebody breaking off pieces of avocado toast and running them down the bore with a jag.

Mexican carry anyone?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have this mental picture of a "gun cleaning hipster" as somebody breaking off pieces of avocado toast and running them down the bore with a jag.

Mexican carry anyone?
    Do they make small batch, artisan style avocado based gun lube?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    For lead remover cloths, do we like Hoppes, Birchwood Casey, or something else?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For lead remover cloths, do we like Hoppes, Birchwood Casey, or something else?
    Which is more hip?

User Tag List