Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10x

Quote Originally Posted by sabre675 View Post
    Love it compared to all mounts I’ve owned thus far. I’ve purchased two Scalarworks mounts in 3 months now. I am a little leery, of the twist knob, thumb quick detach. The mechanism itself doesn’t feel cheap and The mount does feel extremely secure, but I am used to torquing mounts down.
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree with "am used to torquing down mounts". I myself have moved away from QD/QR mounts over the past several years but this one (and the Spuhr) are making me rethink that. The Scalarworks is a lot lighter than the Spuhr (which is a pretty awesome mount, and built like the proverbial brick sh*thouse).

-Rainman

Excellent thread that makes me feel poor.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree with "am used to torquing down mounts". I myself have moved away from QD/QR mounts over the past several years but this one (and the Spuhr) are making me rethink that. The Scalarworks is a lot lighter than the Spuhr (which is a pretty awesome mount, and built like the proverbial brick sh*thouse).

-Rainman
    Couldn’t agree more. Spuhr makes mounts that are capable of world domination. Probably the best on the market. The only reason I went with the Scalarworks is because of the weight savings and they’re koolaide worthy....

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Thanks for the comparison! Would you say the eyebox on the vortex is similar to/better than/worse than the eyebox on the ATACR?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    [emoji115]
    Or better how do the eye boxes compare when both are on 8x?

And in your opinion, when does Xmas tree portion of the reticle become useable? Pics I have seen it appears hard to see in the 4x-6x range and comes into its own at 8x-10x. That Vortex eyebox on 10X will be an issue when shooting from less natural positions such around barriers.

I qualify for the Vortex Healthcare discount, about to drop an order for the 1-10 MRAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    At 10X, the Vortex’s eye box is much tighter than the ATACR’s on 8X - not too surprising. On 8X they are indistinguishable.

I can begin to pick-up the ATACR’s reticle in a usable fashion at 4X; the Razor’s is closer to 6-7X as it not as dark or distinct.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Remember, you are not poor. You’re broke...

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    At 10X, the Vortex’s eye box is much tighter than the ATACR’s on 8X - not too surprising. On 8X they are indistinguishable.

I can begin to pick-up the ATACR’s reticle in a usable fashion at 4X; the Razor’s is closer to 6-7X as it not as dark or distinct.
    Thank you. From pictures I have seen I kind of got the impression the Vortex is closer to a 1x and 6-10x in one scope. Seems like you will be using center/dialing up to 6x where the reticle is big enough/bold enough to hold. Still relative to the price of the ATACR seems like a lot of scope for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wheres that stimulus money at?

I took the Razor to the range today for a quick zero on a SCAR-16S. Due to weather, I decided to use the indoor 50-yard range. I also like to zero my 5.56 rifles at 50 yards since it gives me a relatively flat trajectory out to 200ish yards. A problem with a 50-yard zero is the parallax on the Razor is fixed at 150 yards. Thus, it was hard to get a clear sight picture on higher magnifications. I’ll probably take it outside to 100 yards to confirm my zero once the weather clears up. However, I definitely appreciate the 1-8X ATACR’s parallax adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I took the Razor to the range today for a quick zero on a SCAR-16S. Due to weather, I decided to use the indoor 50-yard range. I also like to zero my 5.56 rifles at 50 yards since it gives me a relatively flat trajectory out to 200ish yards. A problem with a 50-yard zero is the parallax on the Razor is fixed at 150 yards. Thus, it was hard to get a clear sight picture on higher magnifications. I’ll probably take it outside to 100 yards to confirm my zero once the weather clears up. However, I definitely appreciate the 1-8X ATACR’s parallax adjustment.
    Serious question as I don't own the 1-8 ATACR: what parallax adjustment do you mean? The user manual makes no mention of parallax adjustment on the 1-8, actually both the manual and the Nightforce website mention the parallax is fixed at 125m. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Serious question as I don't own the 1-8 ATACR: what parallax adjustment do you mean? The user manual makes no mention of parallax adjustment on the 1-8, actually both the manual and the Nightforce website mention the parallax is fixed at 125m. Thanks!
    My apologies. I was thinking of my 4-16X ATACR. FWIW, I didn’t notice the image distortion on the 1-8 ATACR, but that may be because of the lower magnification.

User Tag List