Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10x

Site Supporter

Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10x

Found on the inter webs

Interesting if legit 1-10x with a 34mm tube. Looks like a competitor to the NF ATACR 1-8x.

Name:  5E341258-93AC-4151-A833-D69A340A5DE4.jpg
Views: 3428
Size:  39.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Huh. Wonder if it’s long enough for a Model 70 standard length action. Right on the top end of the weight I’m willing to put on it, though.

Obligatory "big if true".

I highly doubt the optic would have identical dimensions to the 1-6x, and doubt even more that it would weigh the same, as this supposed leaked catalog page claims.

I also find it strange that they're calling the MOA reticle a "BDC MOA" reticle without giving it its own name. Usually, when Vortex reticles have the same name, they have the same design and principle, just in the two different units of measurement. A BDC reticle would get its own separate name.

If this product is truly arriving in this footprint and at that weight it will be revolutionary. Buuut I'm not putting any dollars on it happening this year.

I keep holding out that the trend to make 1-8 and 1-10 optics fit the body of the 1-6 versions means that we’ll get even lighter 1-6 options, but so far that doesn’t seem to be the way things are headed.

I’m still looking for a sub-16oz 1-6 that’s daylight bright. I don’t know that I even care about FFP or SFP at this point.

“IF” If this is legit, a 1-10 FFP at this size and weight, I’ll buy two of them to start...

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I keep holding out that the trend to make 1-8 and 1-10 optics fit the body of the 1-6 versions means that we’ll get even lighter 1-6 options, but so far that doesn’t seem to be the way things are headed.

I’m still looking for a sub-16oz 1-6 that’s daylight bright. I don’t know that I even care about FFP or SFP at this point.
    I'd agree with this generally, but I'd also like to see it in the ~2-12 range as well. I dream of having a lightweight 2-12 or 2-10 scope with a usable mil reticle that is less than 20oz.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Have to pay to play. This is one of the few 1-x LPV’s that is truly daytime bright. I feel sure you have looked through mine. I used it in the Defoor advanced rifle class we did as well as plenty of local matches. It’s brighter than my Aimpoint.

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunti...l-4-i-p5006196

If I could use this on duty I would. Website says 15.5oz. The only drawback other than price is they seem to only have one reticle on the 1-6 now. I recommend the BRT reticle. It’s basically a mil dot tree. They list it for the newer 1-8. You might have to find a used one to get that reticle in the 1-6.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Obligatory "big if true".

I highly doubt the optic would have identical dimensions to the 1-6x, and doubt even more that it would weigh the same, as this supposed leaked catalog page claims.

I also find it strange that they're calling the MOA reticle a "BDC MOA" reticle without giving it its own name. Usually, when Vortex reticles have the same name, they have the same design and principle, just in the two different units of measurement. A BDC reticle would get its own separate name.

If this product is truly arriving in this footprint and at that weight it will be revolutionary. Buuut I'm not putting any dollars on it happening this year.
    Can’t speak to the dimensions on the flyer being accurate but Vortex does have a 1-10 Razor coming out.

As for the reticles, they have two new reticles which look a lot like the NF 1-8 Atacr reticles. I’m guessing this was at least based off of Vortex’s submission for the last round of SOCOM optics trials.

Name:  52E1426E-7D51-41D5-AEB9-97540229D953.jpg
Views: 4448
Size:  35.3 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 01-04-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Hopefully they will have a 1-6x gen 3 so they blowout the 1-6 gen 2 an I can buy a couple.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Hopefully they will have a 1-6x gen 3 so they blowout the 1-6 gen 2 an I can buy a couple.
    I doubt it.

The bargains will be on people selling used (in most cases barely used) Gen2 and Gen2e 1-6s on M4C, Arfcom, Lightfighter, P&S etc

Razors are tanks and Vortex has awesome warranty service. I would not hesitate to buy a used Razor.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-04-2020 at 06:38 PM.

User Tag List