Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Still pulling the handle?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Best I can recall, the story was told either here or on pistol-training.com at some point, and it went something like LL in vehicle front seat, someone in the rear seat inappropriately handling a 1911, which unfortunately was loaded, with the end result being a .45 entering LL's elbow. Sobering example of why the 4 rules exist.
    This.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Best I can recall, the story was told either here or on pistol-training.com at some point, and it went something like LL in vehicle front seat, someone in the rear seat inappropriately handling a 1911, which unfortunately was loaded, with the end result being a .45 entering LL's elbow. Sobering example of why the 4 rules exist.
    Wow, that sucks LL. Glad your recovery went so well.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    For me it's that I get bored. I don't have a helper, so I know from the past when I used to do bulk loading sessions that 400 an hour of 9mm on a 650 is about my average speed, and I can do a couple thousand at a sitting before I'm mentally done. That includes filling primer tubes and every couple hundred rounds, loading the bulk ammo into 100 round boxes. I have the casefeeder.

Now I'm totally lazy with it. I'll load what I want the night before a match or immediately before going to practice. I think right now I probably have around 60 rounds of assembled 9mm in my ownership.
    This.

I can do about 600-800 a day on a 550 before my elbow starts to hurt. I have a 1050 in the box that I'm looking forward to wringing out.

Got a good 600 in today. My shop is a virus free zone.

I did 2000 rounds of 9mm in one evening on my 650 a couple weeks ago. My arm was a little sore after that.

Like Greg said, this is probably my limiting factor: I don’t need to have my little monkey brain start wandering off, so 500-600 is good enough. Never feel any soreness from reloading.

I load on an old RL550 (before the B) with a case-feeder. I use 5 primer tubes and start with the primer feed full, so I'm set for 600 rounds. I generally get those cranked out in less than an hour and a half, then spend the rest of my time running the loaded rounds through my shockbottle block, loading them into Dillon blue boxes and reloading the primer tubes for the next go round.

I stand on a a rubber stall mat while loading, my 550 is on a strong mount with the roller handle. I tear it down and grease it every 3 to 5 thousand, generally clean the primer feed ever 1500 or when it messes up.

Since I've retired, during the spring and summer I shoot at least 500 and up to 1200 rounds a week, so I have to keep a steady stream.

Looking to get a RL750 in the near future.

This weekend I am kicking out 1k:
    Thursday AM while I was drinking coffee I loaded ten primer tubes.
    Friday was a home office day and between the end of work and when my wife got home I did 500 rounds.
    As soon as I am done with my coffee and farting around looking at P-F I am going to go do the second 500.

Site Supporter
    I made 700 9mm over the weekend with the Lee BLP. That's with priming on press, it would be a bit faster if I primed off press, but that add more total time

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Working remotely aka home. Using time saved commuting in reloading room. Working on 223 long range loads with 77s and 80s (new Tikka Varmint 1-8). Will crank out some bulk 9mm 115FMJ. If I get really bored - will case prep 223.

User Tag List