Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for non-kydex J frame pocket holsters?

Who do we like for non-kydex J frame pocket holsters?

I am starting the process of learning to pocket carry. My current piece is a c. 1980 Model 36 no-dash; it has a lot of family history, and the bluing is in pretty good condition for a 40-year-old revolver carried as much as this one has been.
    (Much better shape than this awful photograph shows, to be sure.)
    I'd like to keep it in decent nick*, hence the non-kydex requirement.
    Name:  36no_dash.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  49.6 KB

It will be a cold weather, heavy jacket sort of affair. We're heading into the frigid part of the year for the Twin Cities. Temps are currently 25-30 F during days; it will drop to under 0 F soon enough.

I'm aware of the DeSantis Nemesis, and the Kramer pocket holster. What other J-frame specific pocket holsters are favored here?

Thanks!

(*and replace it as a carry piece later this year with some flavor of the Centennial type J-frame.)
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 01-02-2020 at 10:02 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Mika pocket holsters. Check them out. You can get them in different profiles to fit round and square pockets. They’re not expensive, and they are very well made.

Another option is the Safariland 25. It’s a rigid holster, but it doesn’t clamp onto the trigger guard. I have found it to be about as fast as a pocket holster can be.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Uncle Mike's works for a thin pocket holster. Mika makes a more robust (and higher volume) pocket holster but it takes a while to receive them as they are made one at a time. Neither has any retention.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I was suggested a Desantis Nemesis for my first snubby. I bought one and quite like it.

The Kramer works very well for me in loose pants with big pockets. In a jacket pocket I would be concerned about maintaining orientation and would probably prefer a mika.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I’ve had best results with the Galco Horsehide pocket holster and the Mika. The desantis Nemesis is decent but the other two are slightly better at maintaining orientation in the pocket.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/fron...1168_1122.html
    Last edited by HCM; 01-02-2020 at 10:52 PM.

I’m using a BFG pocket holster and have no complaints.

Site Supporter
    The best pocket holster I have ever used is the Aholster, but that is Kydex. If trying to avoid Kydex, I suggest a DeSantis Superfly, which is similar to the Nemesis but includes an anti-print panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I have used a Kramer since 1995

User Tag List